Monday, June 29, 2015

WHAT IS HAPPINESS?

I chanced upon this website that talked about happiness, one of the most sought after things in life, other than wealth and health. It then occurred to me to think about what I consider as happiness. And I came up with these: 

1) Happiness is accepting who God has made you to be and knowing your worth.
2) Happiness is having a purpose or meaning to life, more than just living for yourself but pursuing the dreams and the destiny God has for you.
3) Happiness is being contented and thankful for what you have, rather than focusing on your lack. Looking at the bright side of life.
4) Happiness is learning to enjoy each season as it comes, to seize the moment, treasure the present while waiting for your dreams to come to pass.
5) Happiness is knowing and cherishing your loved ones, to appreciate them rather than take them for granted. It's a great thing to have someone to love and someone who loves you.
6) Happiness is being able to enjoy times of solitude and comfortable with being alone.
7) Happiness is knowing how to say 'no' at times and not feeling guilty about it.
8) Happiness is learning to accept gifts and help from others without feeling the need to earn them.
9) Happiness is about helping others achieve their dreams. Bible says it is more blessed to give than to receive.
10) Happiness is knowing how to pick myself up when I fall, to encourage myself when I am down, knowing that through the experiences I have grown and become a better person.

What is happiness to you?

1 comment: