Friday, January 8, 2016

CHANGE: THE NOW WORD

The word I have been hearing recently is change and new things. I read in a daily word  saying: Be careful not to go back to old ways of thinking and doing things as God is moving you into a new time. In last Dec, I also read about an article saying: Begin to change things around you. Get a new look. Change your routine, dressing style, the way you talk etc. Get rid of those things that have gotten you depressed and down, locked in the past. Understand that God is doing a new thing in your life.

In last Dec, God was telling me to get ready to cross over to a new time, a new year. Things will not go the same way they did in the past. I was told to not expect 2016 to be like any year we have seen before. It's unprecedented. I felt like the spiritual atmosphere being full of expectation in Dec, like something is about to be birthed yet I still didn't see any change. Things were pregnant and ready for the birth of something new. But there was a moment of silence just before it happens. It was a pregnant pause, as Doug Addison called it.

I was told that it might be anti-climactic and not all that dramatic when the new birth happens. All the anticipation and expectancy, the excitement would come from the years of waiting for this dream to come to pass. I was again reminded of how sudden that moment will happen, when it happens. Now Doug Addison also talked about how when God releases something to us, it will take time to germinate and form. Similar to the way a baby comes after 9 months of gestation. He told us to look back at Feb or Mar 2015 to see what were the things God spoke to us but have not fully taken shape yet. Doug Addison said the next 9 months will be a strategic time of birthing the destiny of many called to the next level. I think he is saying that the manifestations of the destiny will come in the next 9 months.

No wonder I was feeling the birth pains almost every month from Mar 2015 onwards and it was the worst in Nov 2015. The only months I had relief was June and Sep. It was an uncomfortable and restless time. Then in Dec, I sensed the spiritual atmosphere changing. After the cruise, on Dec 17, I felt that something has already changed and will be revealed in the days to come. And I didn't mean a spiritual thing, it was a physical change, visible to the natural eye.


Doug Addison heard God say to watch for something to radically change on Dec 17. If you are in need of a breakthrough with your health, finances and relationships, this is the time to expect a change of course. Something significant is happening in the spiritual realm right now and the plans of the enemy are not only being revealed but also stopped. I also realised that the enemy has been trying to tell me that those negative experiences I had every year will recur again. But God has been showing me the enemy's ploys and stopping them from recurring.

After the cross over to the new year, Heng and I were conscious of not doing the same thing just like before. We both sensed the need to flow with God in this area. If God wanted us to change things in our life, we will obey Him. Hence on the first day of the year, we went to a different shopping mall instead of our usual haunt. After which we went to the beach for a picnic in the evening. In previous years we would go to Changi Airport to reflect on the past year and write down our three wishes. But this year, we had to do this earlier in the Christmas week of 2015 because the corporate prayers for our church's three wishes was on 28 Dec. It was a deviation from the past.

This year, I also find myself much more open to changes and new things. In 2013 and 2014, I was still quite apprehensive about the magnitude of the changes to my life. I was feeling jittery about the changes then. But maybe after waiting around with no apparently change in an area of my life, I totally changed my perspective. Now I dislike the thought of being in status quo more so than having changes in my life. I was so eager and desperate to see changes in my life, any kind will do. So when God released the now word for this season, which is change and new things, forget the past, remember it no more, I embraced it! I felt like it was so good. Any change is good. So we went with the flow.

We changed our routine this year by letting Joshua take school bus in the morning instead of Heng driving him to school last year. As a result Heng has more time to spend with the Lord or he can go gym to work out. I also will be trying out a new brand of contact lens this year for a change. And today I got a new look by colouring my hair. This is the first time in my life I coloured my hair. It has always been black. God confirmed that it is good to make simple steps to change things in our lives through Doug Addison's word for today: New things are being established as you take simple steps. 


No comments:

Post a Comment