Wednesday, January 13, 2016

FORGET THE PAST

Recently I have been impressed upon this truth: choosing to forget the past and pressing forward to lay hold of that which is before me. This is not the time to turn back; it's not an option. Advancement is the hour of the day and I am on track to retrieve the things that were once within my grasp but I wasn't ready for until now. I got to let the past go and stand in the present moment with excitement and expectation for the future that God has already given me.

When I was still in my cocoon in the dark on the backside of the desert, I didn't have much choice. But after I became a butterfly, I got to make a move if I am going to be set free to fly. I got to let go of my cocoon, my comfort zone. This is not the time to get sentimental, linger around what has been. It's also not the time to look at the past: what has not been for a long time, wondering why it didn't happen in those years, and whether it was my fault that I couldn't cross the Jordan river years ago.

God is saying that no matter what happened, all these were in the past. It's the future that lies before me which is more important. I also was told to get rid of those things that had gotten me downcast and depressed, locked in the past. I need to cooperate with God to declare what I want to see happen in my life instead of waiting to see what will happen. I have to believe and keep pressing through to the manifestation of this dream. Before long I will break free and rise to the new levels God has prepared for me.

As I explore uncharted waters and pioneer in new areas out of my comfort zone, I must not look back to old ways of thinking and doing. God is moving me into a new time. Though there had been moments in the past when I thought I had turned the corner only to find myself in the same old quagmire, I must believe that things will not go the way they did in the past. No matter how gruelling things have been over the long months, real change is coming soon. In fact, it is already happening as I have crossed over to the other side. Very soon, things will start to get better until my old life in the wilderness becomes a faint memory.

Holding on to any past thing, be it good or bad in lieu of moving forward keeps me in a narrow place full of sinking sand and not on the Rock. God will change what needs to be change and nothing can stop Him. So God is saying: don't leave the play by walking away in doubt and unbelief regardless of what is happening before you. Leave the past behind where it belongs and don't leave the play before the curtain opens on the next scene. Believe that God is hastening His word to perform it for me (Jeremiah 1:12). It is not a some day word but a now word.

My dear Friend, your dreams and desires are in the process of coming to pass, yes they are unfolding even as we speak now. It's a matter of time before God turns things around in your favour. Get ready for times of acceleration. Get ready for God to shoot you out further than you can imagine. You may be pulled back, had disappointments and setbacks but you had better get ready. When God shoots you out, He will make up for lost time. You have entered into a new season, a new time when God is doing a quick work. No more delay, no more waiting around for things to happen. God has already given the word early this year and He is speeding things up in your life. Therefore, refuse to look at the old things any longer. It's time to move on and possess your possessions this year!

Yesterday I was impressed to count the occurrence of 'no delay' messages in my journals. There were four mentions in last Oct and four in Nov but nine in Dec and eight in Jan till date. I also realised that God has been talking to me about dealing with longstanding issues that need to be changed. There were 16 occurrences on this topic every month from last Aug to Oct; 12 in Nov and 25 in Dec! Even from Jan till today, there were already 14 mentions of changes to longstanding issues that seemed to be permanent. I sense a vengeance of the Lord regarding this enemy of longstanding issue and of delay. That's why the Lord kept telling me to forget the past for it is no more. God says that this enemy of long standing issue, this problem that never seemed to be solved, I will see no more!

It really wasn't a coincidence that Doug Addison just shared his 2016 prophetic word: Get ready for alignment and new assignments! He said that many people are stalled because they keep trying to go back to old ways instead of leading out in the new. We need to get a new strategy to reach people and also to make money to finance what is coming. A major key for this year is found in Isaiah 43:18. "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.” We will need to let go of things that no longer work or that God is no longer moving on. Going into this new era will require us to look to God for our strategy. Just like with Isaac in Genesis 26:12, God wants to bless us 100-fold in the midst of economic difficulties. Don't look to the past for answers for this year God will do unprecedented things in your life! Be on the expectant look out!

No comments:

Post a Comment