Thursday, January 14, 2016

THE SEVENTH YEAR

During the mothers' group meeting yesterday, this sister shared that when she heard about the year of His restoration, she knew this would be the year that she would have a baby. She was into her 7th year of marriage in 2015 and they have been trying for a baby. True enough she gave birth to a baby boy in last Oct. God is faithful to them. She said that baby was her possession and she had to possess her possession. I believe she must have gone through a lot during that long years of waiting, with many doubts and wandering. But thank God those were all in the past.

When I heard her share about her 7th year, I was so ministered. Afterwards I also told her I was very encouraged by her sharing. All these years of waiting, I could never be sure which would be the year I give birth to this baby. For at the start of the year I would be hopeful that this was it but this baby still didn't manifest at the end of the year. But thank God that when we crossed over to 2016, I was finally convinced that this is the year! This is it. Finally I will give birth to my baby this year! No more waiting, no more delay, I am going in to possess my possession!

As I put down my three wishes for this year, the Lord reminded me that this is the 7th time I asked for this baby since 2010. So this is really my 7th year waiting for this promise to come to pass. Other than this wish, the others had all come to pass in the last few years. I sensed that God is focusing on longstanding issues this year and this baby is one of them. It was a stubborn area of my life that refused to change after so long and I was so weary of seeing nothing change that I almost wanted to give up. The Lord gave me a word saying that this is the year He is working on such issues. He is so determined to settle it. No more delay!

I woke up this morning thinking about what happens in the 7th year for God's people. In his new book 'The Power of I Am', Pastor Joel said that in the 7th year, we will be released from age-old strongholds. We will be set free from such bondages. We will see the desires of our heart come to pass. All the struggling and suffering will be gone in one day. The 7th year is when you break free form any limitation that is holding you back. It looked as though it wouldn't change. It looked permanent, then one touch of God's favour came and things suddenly turned around. Suddenly a dream comes to pass. What happened? You came into a 7th year.

There is just something about the 7th year. It came to my mind about testimonies of how some couples received their babies in their 7th year. So I am going to get into agreement with God and say 'I am coming into my 7th year. It is my time to break free. Every chain has been loosed. Every stronghold has come down. I know I have been released into increase.' It doesn't matter how long it has been that way or how impossible it looks. When you come into your 7th year, all the forces of darkness cannot stop what God wants to do.

The 7th year is when you get released into overflow, into abundance. It's when dreams come to pass. He will release you from constantly struggling to an anointing of ease. God can turn any situation around. When it looked impossible, when all the odds were against you, when it seemed permanent, God said 'My child will not be a permanent slave to anything. She is coming into her 7th year.' Maybe you have put up with that depression, that dark cloud following you long enough. God is saying 'This is your time. Today is your moment. Get ready for your breakthrough.'

How do you get ready? Start talking as if it's going to happen. Start acting like it's going to happen. Start thinking as if it's going to happen. When you are in tough times, when it looks like your situation is never going to change, tell yourself 'I won't be staying here long. This too will pass. It's only temporary. It's not permanent. It hasn't come to stay. It came to pass.' I also thought about how God fully restored me in my workplace in the 7th year for I left a company in total defeat in 2004 but I left my last company with my head lifted high in 2011. God gave me double honour in place of my shame. He is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment