Saturday, March 26, 2011

Don't Give Up!

Have you ever had experiences when you are believing the Word of God and acting on it, then the troubles in your life seem to increase and not decrease? In times like that, one really wonders 'Where is the restful increase that Pastor Prince often talks about?' We ask God 'I am trying my best to remain at rest but
why are all these troubles still happening?'

Recently there has been numerous troubles that the enemy has thrown in my path of rest. After I recovered from gastric flu, there had been a case of my toilet sewage pipe blockage just yesterday. It was so bad that I had to call in the plumber to clear the pipes and the mess. Honestly, it was a traumatic experience but I wish to spare you all of the gross details.

As I laid on my bed last night, totally exhausted from the day's event, I was wondering why there seemed to be no end to these troubles or attacks from the enemy. I felt that I was so tired that I could not withstand another blow anymore...I told God 'please have mercy on me!'. The encouragement that came to me was 'Don't give up' and a quiet assurance that God will turn beauty out of ashes.

Today Pastor Joel's devotional 'Your Reward is Coming' is like God cheering me on, telling me to persevere. The devotional talked about how when I stay in peace and stay faithful with what God has called me to do, not only will God fight my battles, He will pay me back for all the troubles the enemy brought into my life. No matter what is going on around me, I know God is faithful and my reward is coming! God will perfect everything concerning me and reward me beyond what I can ask or imagine!

First Samuel 26:23 says 'The Lord rewards everyone for their righteousness and faithfulness.' God is so good. He rewards us for something that we don't even have (righteousness and faithfulness) in the first place!

No comments:

Post a Comment