Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Power of Being at Rest in Christ

I just recovered from a bout of gastric flu. The pain of gas churning in my stomach on Sunday's night was so bad that I couldn't sleep. It felt like a tsunami of waves within my tummy. I didn't even remember feeling like that when I was having labour contractions. But thank God He has completely healed me and brought me out of this episode stronger!

Pastor Prince said in Sunday's sermon that if we cannot discern what God is doing in our lives, then look at what the devil is doing and reverse it. For example, God has poured out a tsunami of salvation and blessings onto Japan long before the devil brought about the physical tsunami. Through this disaster, many people will come to know Christ and the restoration of Japan would be complete.

I usually try not to over-spiritualise things that happened but in my case, I discerned that this was a very strong resistance to what God was doing in my life. I am very sure this attack happened not because of sin or unrest or unhappiness in my life. It was not because I was out of God's will. On the contrary, the assault came about precisely because I was at rest in Christ.

Preceding the days before the time of the month, I used to be restless and anxious about whether I had conceived this month. This month was different. I was at rest in Christ and my heart was established in a righteousness not of my own but of Christ. I know that the key issue about receiving the manifestation of another baby was not about what I do or don't do. This baby is already given; a finished work in Christ.

God taught me that once my heart was established in righteousness in Christ, my heart cannot be persuaded by the devil to believe that he can enforce bad things in my life. This is how I resist the devil by standing steadfast in the faith (1 Peter 5:9) that I am made right with God by Jesus' blood. This pregnancy will come to pass whether I do anything about it at all. My self-efforts may fail but Christ cannot fail. Such is my security in Christ.

Hence the attack of sickness came to persuade me to leave my position of rest in Christ. The devil wants me to get worried, to be frantic and do things to help myself get pregnant. The symptoms of nausea and vomiting made me think I was pregnant when in fact it was gastric flu. But I refuse to 'bow down' to the devil to step down from my position of rest. I refuse to get back into self-efforts or works or worry. All these are toilsome labour.

As confirmed in Pastor Prince's devotional today (http://www.newcreation.org.sg/resources/daily-devotional), I know that when I remain at rest in Christ's finished work, He will turn my evil day into days of rejoicing and feasting! I know that something very good is about to happen and I am excited to see how God is pouring out His unprecedented blessings in our lives! I know I am very close to the manifestation of my pregnancy! Amen! All glory to God! I will surely see good success in every area of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment