Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Gospel of Grace (Part II)

As mentioned earlier, this is Part II of the blog post that I had put up earlier. It talks about how even though God is such a holy God and He cannot tolerate sin, because of what Jesus Christ has done, God is now no longer angry with us and we need not be fearful of Him.

Gospel of Grace
Mixed Teachings of Law & Grace
·    There is one perfect sacrifice at the Cross for all our sins: past, present and future. With Christ’s perfect sacrifice on the Cross, God has promised that He will remember our sins and lawless deeds no more (Hebrews 8:12).
·    We need not fear of His fiery judgment because it was all poured out on Jesus.  God does not want us to be sin conscious but righteousness conscious. When we know the heavy price Christ paid for our right standing, we will not see this grace as a licence to sin. 

·    I was taught that when we sin, we need to confess our sins to God (1 John 1:9). This implied that the blood of Jesus could only cover our sins till the next one.
·    Our relationship with God is not broken but our fellowship can by broken by our sin. Hence we need to confess our sins and repent, so that our fellowship with God will be re-established and He will hear our prayers. Sometimes God seems far and distant when in fact, He is always near.

I don't know about you, my friend, but this is such fantastic news to me. The fact that I don't have to be always conscious of my sin takes the painful focus off myself and brings the spotlight to Christ. This truth liberates me to behold the beautiful face of my Saviour. In doing so, I find myself being transformed into being more like Christ. How effortless it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment