Saturday, June 25, 2011

Live band in our condo compounds

God is so good. The other day our family was reclining on the poolside deck chairs, enjoying the cool breeze of the night and I was just telling Heng that our home really feels like a resort. The whole environment is very relaxing and very comfortable. When the winds got stronger, I thought about our experience at Harris Resort, Batam. I remember we were also reclining on the poolside deck chairs listening to the live band playing at the F&B outlet by the pool. The live band was playing for those guests having their poolside dinner but we were near enough to enjoy the music, the cool breeze and the lively atmosphere.

Heng and I had always enjoyed live bands. In our younger days we would visit the 'xinyao' music lounges and enjoy the live singing over a glass of bubble tea. The feeling was always nostalgic. So as we were resting that night by the poolside deck chairs, I told Heng how wonderful it would be if there was a live band in our condo. That would totally make this place feel like a hotel resort. Heng said it would be impossible because the noise level would be too high. And I also kind of dismissed the thought as wishful thinking.

As it turned out, God heard this wishful thinking and made it come to pass. Today our condo management office organised a family day with free games, food and karaoke singing. They even set up a tentage for this purpose. There were also flea market stalls set up by residents to sell their second hand items. The whole atmosphere was so vibrant!  After dinner, there was actually a live band and we saw some residents singing and dancing.

Our family sat by the deck chairs to enjoy the music. Then I suddenly remembered that the impossible had taken place! There is really a live band playing in this compound and at that moment, it felt like a hotel resort! Joshua agreed that he felt like he was in Harris Resort. God is so good...once I said it, He brought it to pass. He loves me so much that even when I didn't pray for this, He caused it to happen, for my enjoyment! Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment