Thursday, June 30, 2011

Funny things that children said

I just thought of sharing some funny things that I heard my son said...it was so spontaneous that I always break out in laughter. And the manner he said it was so innocent like it's so sincere and so real from him, which makes it even funnier.

There was once in the midst of Holy Communion, his daddy prayed that we would live till 120 years old, by God's grace, Joshua suddenly said 'Huh, 120 years old? That's very old leh...by then, we would have no hair!' We broke out laughing though we were in the midst of Holy Communion.

The other time was at night before Joshua went to bed, I was having a heart-to-heart talk with him. He quarrelled with his cousin and left feeling angry with his cousin. I was telling him to forgive because Jesus loves us so much and has forgiven us so much. He said 'No' as he was still feeling angry...but I knew in his heart, he wants to reconcile with his cousin. Suddenly he said 'Mummy, can I ask you a question?' I was wondering what could it be...since we are still on the topic of love and forgiveness. He then asked 'Mummy, why monkeys can swing from tree to tree hah?' I broke out laughing because it was so anti-climax.

The most recent one was when we were walking from our basement carpark, I saw a guy who was at least 1.9m tall and I told Joshua to look at that guy. I said 'Joshua, see that guy over there? He is so tall.' Joshua looked at him and after a while, he said, 'He must have eaten a lot of cai cai (vegetables). No, I think he only eats cai cai and swim a lot. That's why he is so tall!' We broke out laughing because in an attempt to get him to eat more vegetables (he's a fussy eater), we keep telling him 'must eat more cai cai so that you can grow tall tall in future'. And we also told him that swimming helps him to grow taller. That's why he said that.

Children's world is so cute and so innnocent...no wonder one feels much younger when we spend more time with them. These are pearly moments that I will always treasure in my stay-home days. In fact, I think these moments of joy are like days of heaven on earth. It's God's reward to me. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment