Thursday, June 9, 2011

There is Power in the Name of Jesus!

I just wanted to share an article written by Evelyn Roberts (wife of Oral Roberts). The passage says that there is power in the Name of Jesus. Whatever the devil tries to do to us, we can overcome it in Jesus' Name. Jesus has given us the authority to use it (John 14:14). It's like having the power of attorney. When you give someone power of attorney, they are authorized to act exactly like you were there. That's what Jesus wants us to do - to act exactly as He would act if He were here. This means that when we use His name to command the spirits of infirmity to leave someone's body, it would be like Jesus Himself was there to execute the command! What a revelation!

Many believers might not realise that as children of the Most High God, we have dominion over sicknesses, evil spirits and natural circumstances. Jesus has said in Luke 10:19 'Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.' I don't know about you but when I realised the truth in this, I was really excited. Because I was always taught to appeal to the Most High God for help whenever I run into trouble. I was told we should not confront the evil ones by ourselves because we don't have the power. Only God has the power to deal with the evil spirits. How blinded I was then!

Sometimes we pray to God and ask Him to intervene in our situation but in other times, God wants us to exercise the authority already given to us by Jesus. You may ask: how do I exercise the authority if my faith is small? In Luke 17:6, Jesus says that if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree 'Be pulled out by the roots and be planted in the sea' and it would obey you. So even if your faith is small, you can start exercising your dominion by using the Name of Jesus in small things. The key is to start commanding. Then when you see answers to those things that you commanded, your faith muscles will grow.

It really doesn't matter how dire your circumstances are or how bad the doctor's report is, the fact is everything that has a name has to bow down to the Name of Jesus (Philippians 2:10). For me, I started with commanding the spirit of infirmity to leave my body and my son's body each time the symptoms start to manifest. I would persist with exercising the command until every single trace of the symptom disappeared and health is restored to our bodies. I am confident to exercise this command because I know by Jesus' stripes, I am already healed, hence victory already belongs to me.

Sometimes the healing would manifest immediately; other times it might take a few days but the key is don't give up if you first issue the command and still don't see results. Don't be discouraged or distracted by the natural circumstances (though they can be very real but they are temporal) because the natural circumstances always have to line up with the Word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment