Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My re-entry into ministry work

As you may remember, I mentioned before that I used to be the cell leader of a group back in my old church. In 2005, I officially stepped down from cell leadership in preparation for motherhood. It was that season of my life that God wanted me to concentrate my attention on my family, being a first-time mother with no helper. I gladly accepted that back-end role that God prepared for me yet a part of me still yearns to be involved in ministry.

God knows my heart's desire and it turned out that many years later, He created that opportunity for me to be involved in ministry work again. In Apr 2011, my caregroup leader asked me if I would like to step up as an assistant caregroup leader (ACGL). I told him that I might not be able to commit to those training sessions that a caregroup leader needs to attend but certainly I would love to support him in caregroup leading. He told me it is ok. For the time being, an ACGL does not need to attend those training sessions. I just need to help him in shepherding the members and to stand in for him in facilitating some meetings if he cannot make it. But I needed to attend just one session of training for ACGLs.

And so, the time came for me to lead the caregroup last night. It was a little stressful because though I had led such groups in word before, it was many years ago in a totally different church. I had those caregroup facilitators' notes but honestly, I told God: if Your Holy Spirit don't take charge, then no matter how much I prepare, the meeting would not achieve its objectives. I boldly asked God for a manifestation of the Holy Spirit for that is the best lesson we could have on yesterday's topic 'Moving in grace in the Holy Spirit's gifts'.

Well, the meeting went far better than I imagined because the Lord's presence was with us. At the end of the meeting, the Holy Spirit prompted us to gather around a sister who is facing some challenges in her family. The presence of the Lord was so strong and two of the brothers teared while sharing testimonies and a Word from God to encourage this dear sister. She came to present her challenges to the Lord and to share the burden with the caregroup but I believed she left feeling so loved by the Lord.  What a great move of the Holy Spirit and what a grand finale to the meeting!

But I think I was the most blessed one. For out of this whole experience, I not only knew how much the Lord loved me, I also have the confidence that if I ask anything according to His will, He hears me. And if I know that He hears me, whatever I ask, I know that I have the petitions I have asked of Him. (1 John 5:14-15) Wow, what a great privilege that I have in Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment