Sunday, April 19, 2015

DO NOT DESPISE SMALL BEGINNINGS

Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin (Zechariah 4:10)

People always say the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. In the same way, if the Lord has put a desire in your heart, no matter how insignificant it may seem, just follow His prompting and do it. As you begin taking baby steps, the Lord will show you and guide you along the way. He cannot guide a parked car, so just start your engine and get moving on. As you move along, He will show you the next step.

From my experience, when God put a desire in your heart, it was almost as good as done. When He gave me an idea to write a book in July 2010, I was clueless as to what I should write, not to mention how to get it published! But the Lord told me not to worry, just take one step at a time. So when I started staying home, I still didn't feel the prompting to start writing yet. But what I did in those months was to convert my written journals into soft copy, so that I could extract portions of it to write my book in future.

Then one day, God told me to start writing my book and those chapters of my book just came to my mind. And as I wrote, there was an ease and a supernatural flow. An anointing which enabled to complete the first draft of my manuscript in two months' time. Even I was amazed at the speed. After that I was told to wait for Him to open the door to publishers. I had no idea how the literary world worked as I only knew how to write.

Yet I was led to send my manuscript to two publishers in U.S. Eventually God opened the door for my first book to be published. The entire process took only three months from the point I was offered a publishing contract. Now I totally had no idea, no benchmark about how fast or slow that was. What I know was some writers took years to publish a book. So God must have accelerated my process of publishing a book.

I learnt to trust His leading in the process. Whenever He tells me to do something, even if it is something small, I will get excited. Because I know He will always lead me to something great eventually. I have learnt not to despise the day of small beginnings. Dear friends, how about you? Is there something the Lord has been telling you to do? It could be baking that first cake, making that phone call, writing your first book etc.

You may wonder where it could lead to, how your efforts may not amount to a pile of beans but well, you never know until you tried. And even if that didn't work out, you will have no regrets because you dare to try. Even so, God will always turn all things out for your good, even those things that didn't go your way. So, be bold, take the first step today and watch God perform wonders in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment