Wednesday, April 22, 2015

YOUR DESIRES ARE FROM GOD

'For it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.' Philippians 2:13

Many people think that they shouldn't trust the desires in their heart for the heart is deceitful above all things. Yes, the bible did mention about how the heart is deceitful but that was in the old covenant. In the new covenant, God said in Hebrews 8:10 'I will put My laws in their mind and write them on their hearts; and I will be their God and they shall be My people.' This verse says that God will write His desire and will on our heart, hence we can trust the desires of our heart.

Know that God will never lead you to serve in the Sunday school if you have no desire to work amongst children. It will not do you or the children any good if they have you as the Sunday school teacher. It would not be a joy but a dread for both parties. In the past, I used to think that God would send me any guy and tell me to love him when I surrendered my choice of a life partner to God. I was afraid that He would send me someone I didn't like and force me to accept him. Like how some ladies thought God was asking them to sacrifice themselves to marry the men in church that no one wants.

God's heart is so good. He knows me and my heart's desires. He will not force me to do things I don't like, let alone marry a guy I have no desire for. Later I realised His heart of love for me when He brought this guy into my life whom I really love and want to spend my life with. This guy is Heng, my beloved hubby. And even today, I am still amazed at how much God knows what kind of a companion I need in my life journey. I am so grateful to His choice of the life partner for me.

And so, over the years, I have learnt to recognise that my desires are from the Lord. I will not just brush it off easily, no matter how absurd my desire may be. I have learnt that most times, before God changes my direction or my season, He will always put this desire in my heart first. I will then know if the desire is truly from Him, not my flesh when the desire grows over time. When it refuses to go away, then I will know it is from God. So I will tell God that I will cooperate with Him to bring that desire to pass. I always believe if He puts that desire in me, then He will give me the anointing to do what He wants.

Is there something the Lord has put in your heart? Even though it may be lying dormant for years, the desire doesn't go away. I am encouraging you to fan into flames that dream, that desire that God has put in your heart. Stir up your dream today and tell God that you are willing to work with Him to bring that desire to pass. For it is Him who works in you to will and to do according to His good pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment