Monday, April 13, 2015

EVIDENCES OF RESTORATION

The Lord has been reminding me that this is still the year of His restoration as Pastor Prince has declared in the beginning of the year. Last month, God has been saying through the devotionals I read that He is increasing the restoration of all things in my life. Things long forgotten, things hidden are coming into the light of restoration. He not only restores my soul but also all the years the locusts have eaten are restored in Him. It all begins when His people shouts 'Lord, restore!'

Sometimes we may not even know that restoration has come to us if not for the Lord pointing it out, especially for things long forgotten. But God never forgets what we prayed for. In last December, we encouraged Joshua to make a decision to delete the Mine Craft game from his daddy's phone. I have been praying for this for a long while because he was getting addicted to the game and I found that his taste for other things like study or other types of play diminished. Besides, I read about this game and I didn't really like the concepts of zombies, explosives, underworld and Ender dragon. 

The Lord opened the way for me to speak to Joshua and persuade him to drop the game. I told him that God will surely restore and give him something much better in return. He asked me what that was and I said I didn't know then but we just got to trust that God would show him in time to come. After all, God always gives us the best. With that, he agreed to delete that game. 

We know he was holding back his tears when he did that because his daddy said he already built so many things in Mine Craft. His daddy was so proud of him because he could give all that up at a young age. Many kids of his age wouldn't be able to do that. He has learnt an object lesson of letting go of something so that he can receive God's best. 

Well, the months passed and he didn't really quite miss that game, thank God! I kind of forgot about God's restoration until we bought a piano for Joshua. He has been taking piano lessons for more than 2.5 years but we haven't bought a piano. We wanted to be sure of his interest in music before we made that kind of investment. Before this, he has been practising on the electric organ. But last month, we kind of felt that the time was ripe to buy a piano for him. He also agreed. So when the piano finally arrived at our home, he loved it and has been playing on it everyday. He really loved music. 

The Lord reminded me that this piano is a restoration of the game Joshua gave up last year and I told him that. I felt like God is so good, He really keeps His promise though we may have forgotten it. God fills that void left by the game with some hobby that is more meaningful for Joshua. More importantly, Joshua has learnt a precious lesson about letting go and receiving God's best for his life. He has seen how God will never shortchange him. 

The other evidence of restoration was in the area of my foregone performance bonus. In Jan 2011, when I left my old workplace, I had foregone a performance bonus due in April. My boss was telling me to stay until then since I didn't have the urgency to leave, not that I had found another job. But I felt the urgency to leave and after praying, I decided to forego that bonus. I told God to restore to me the foregone bonus and benefits. I trust He is more than able to do so. 

Four years came and went. I completely forgot about this since we were never in lack after I stayed home for God has blessed us financially. In end March, Heng received news of a bonus share payout. It came as a surprise because the shares were issued in May 2012 and would be maturing in May 2015. He didn't expect to receive it because he wasn't even in the company back then! He only joined in June 2013. God is so good. Blessings really came in ways we didn't even expect. 

More importantly, God reminded me that this was the restoration for my foregone performance bonus because it was the amount I was praying for back in 2011. I only realised it when I found the estimated value of shares to be familiar, like a figure I used to pray for. God is really bringing me to remembrance things I have long forgotten and I believe more is to come! Praise the Lord for His restoration! All glory to Jesus! 


No comments:

Post a Comment