Friday, October 22, 2010

A Lesson on Faith

Recently the Lord has been teaching me a lot about faith. These are things that I have learnt before but somehow I had forgotten to put them to practice. Hebrews 11:1 says 'Now faith is being sure of what you hope for and certain of what you do not see.' There are so many important lessons about faith that I can share but one thing that jumps out at me was this in Mark 11:23 when Jesus said 'Whosoever says to this mountain, be removed and be cast into the sea, and does not doubt in his heart but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.' Jesus is telling us in order to get from believing to the manifestation of our promise, we need to do 3 times more speaking than believing. Many of us do believe but how many of us hold fast to the confession of our faith?

While trying for this 2nd child, I have been confessing that I am pregnant since 2008. Every single month despite menses, I still believe and confess I am pregnant. I had done it for so many months that I had lost count of the months. But it is ok, I don't look back, I press on towards the promise that God had already given me another baby.  Was I disappointed at times? Did I get depressed? Of course I did, especially when the waiting took much longer than I expected. It is only natural but I choose to focus on what God said about me that I am a happy mother of children at home.

Sometimes people may think I am crazy but I know I am not. Because God always calls things that are non-existent as if they already exist. Like how He called Abraham a father of many nations while he was still childless at 100 years old.  Being the timeless God, He had gone ahead into Abraham's future, prepared this great blessing of a son for Abraham and came back to tell him. I know God has also gone into my future, prepared all the wonderful blessings for me, came back and told me 'It is very good.' 

I was not very comfortable to share about my profession of faith that I am pregnant before I confirm pregnant. But I sensed that God wants me to talk about this just before the manifestation comes. In the middle of the waiting just one step before my miracle appears, I need to say 'Hold it! I'd like to say a few things before this is over.' Anyone can say things after the waiting is over like how people will say 'I just knew everything will turn out fine.' But why didn't they say it in the middle of the struggle?

In the middle of the waiting, the Lord wants me to say 'The victory is mine. My baby is here.' The Word spoken to me must be spoken through me. Just this week, the Lord impressed upon me to think about what I planned to do when I confirm my pregnancy. So here goes:
1) Praise God and thank Him for His faithfulness
2) Go out and celebrate, have a good dinner with my hubby and son
3) Tell my parents and in-laws about the good news
4) Arrange appointment with the gynae (to see my baby on ultrasound)
5) Start taking antenatal vitamins
6) Bring out all the maternity clothes (to prepare to wear)
7) Tell my care group and a few good friends
8) Writing about my pregnancy process on my blog
9) Buy my baby's clothes, toys etc
10) Continue praying for my baby (which I started 3 months ago) and talk to her

2 comments:

  1. Hi Avin,

    i better start to learn to cook pig trotters stewed with old ginger for you! Good for women in confinement. Anyway, my niece in London is going to give birth in May next year and i will be flying over to help. With my anointed calculation, i would have mastered this dish when your turn comes. Yummy! Yummy!
    From Joyce Loh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joyce. It warms my heart to know that you are standing in faith with me regarding God's promise of another baby. It also warms my heart to know that you care. Yes, I will surely savour this dish that you have mastered during my confinement!

    ReplyDelete