Friday, October 29, 2010

My birthday celebration

28 Oct is my birthday. My hubby is sweet enough to take the day off to spend it with me. He didn't really plan anything and it is not our usual custom to surprise each other with programmes or presents...so we just decided to have a good buffet lunch outside. Just the two of us. Romantic right?

Turned out that when we woke up yesterday, Joshua was having a fever and we had to bring him to see a doctor. I was not worried because I know he is healed just that we could not proceed with our buffet lunch. I need to wait for my mum to return from work at mid-day before we could ask her to help take care of Joshua.

And because we need to pacify Joshua as to why he had to stay home while we went out, we promised to buy a train set for him. He gave specific instructions on what type of train tracks to buy. So the rest of the day we were busy looking for his toy, covering three places in total. By the end of the day we were so tired. Thank God we finally found the one he wanted!  I was confused though...it was my birthday but I was busy looking for a present for my son! My hubby said we have no lack and our happiness lies in seeing our children happy. This is so true of our heavenly Father.

At the end of my birthday, my best present from my Daddy God was this devotional from Pastor Joel. It talks about sudden breakthroughs. For me, I have been praying and waiting for God to lead me out of my company and suddenly this month, He gave me the green light.  That's a breakthrough.  And we were trying to look for a condo for 2 years but suddenly, within 2 months, we had 5 viewings and we bought our condo. That’s another breakthrough. God knows that the last breakthrough for this year that I have been waiting for is the manifestation of my pregnancy.

I am reminded that no matter what I’ve been facing, no matter how impossible things look, the God of the breakthrough wants to visit my house today. Get ready! I keep expecting, keep believing because the God of the breakthroughs is ready to overwhelm me with His goodness today!

No comments:

Post a Comment