Tuesday, November 2, 2010

When God Ran

Have you ever felt that sometimes God wants you to do something quickly? Like when He told us to obey, not only is our response important, the speed in which we respond is also very important. Many times we may not know why God has a sense of urgency to move things but we trust that He has our best interests. We may have been waiting for a long time and then God says to move on.

Recently I experienced this sense of urgency that God wants us to quickly move into our new home at Rio Vista and for my 2nd baby to be conceived. Even though I felt the urgency in late Sep, the manifestation of my pregnancy has not appeared yet. However, despite the natural circumstances, deep in my heart, I still believed that the time to conceive is NOW. Yesterday I asked God to confirm that what I had sensed is true.

Thank God He confirmed it in Pastor Prince's devotional today - When God Ran (http://www.newcreation.org.sg/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=25&Itemid=47) This passage talked about how God is usually cool and composed. The only time He was in a hurry and ran was when He saw the prodigal son who was still a long way from home.  I have never read any passage that says God is in a hurry. Those that I read was about how God has a perfect timing for everything, which is true. But this passage is different. The Father was in a hurry because He wants to reinstate our authority as sons of the Most High God, a position we had lost when Adam fell. So if the Father appears to be in a hurry, it is only because He is in a hurry to assure you of your position as His precious child and entitle you of all the blessings He has in store for you!

In my case, God is telling me that there is an urgency because He is eager to put back into my hands the authority to invoke Jesus' Name so that I can walk in dominion every single day. He is teaching me to invoke the Name of Jesus to command my body to conceive, to line itself up with the Word of God. In His mercy, He also reminded me in Luke 18:27 and Matthew 9:23 that all things are possible with God and if I can believe, anything is possible. What I didn't know was that God my Father was teaching me to keep the spirit of faith high to receive this miracle and to do 3 times more speaking than believing that I am pregnant. God couldn't wait to bless me with my heart's desire (my 2nd baby) and many other good things. He couldn't wait to see the look of joy on my face when these promises manifest. That is why He is in a hurry to bring this to pass. Wow! What a revelation! Praise God for such assuring confirmation!

No comments:

Post a Comment