Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Baggage Draggers

Everyone of us has baggage. It could be an offence, a betrayal, an unfair situation which results in anger, doubt or bitterness.  Either way, such baggage is like junk. This past week had been tough for me because I had to deal with the issues of my work which I had handed over to another dept after the re-organisation.

I guess I felt indignant because I was not treated right. I had to keep casting my cares to the Lord. I had to drop those burdens. I had to tell myself to forgive those colleagues who treated me not so kindly. I struggled a lot about forgiving them. It was tough because many of them are my friends, my sisters in Christ. But I told God I don't want all these baggage to be dragged into the next season of my life. I don't want to be a baggage dragger.  I made a decision. I prayed for them instead. I asked God to bless them richly in their lives. The love that the Holy Spirit shed in my heart was the only way to help me forgive them.

Actually I can choose not to care about many of the projects so much since I have decided to leave this company. But a part of me just want to do my best to have a good closure. Again I need to remind myself it is not by my own strength that I close this chapter well. It has to be God's strength because He who started a good work in me will bring it to completion until the day of Christ (Phil 1:6).

I told myself that I am still going to leave this place with my head lifted high. I know I may have made mistakes or not done a good work in handing over my projects. Anyone from the old regime would have known that it was the best I could do in those times. Anyway, many of those who criticise my work don't even have a solution in the first place! So when we took the ball and ran, we got the flax! I told myself God can turn those unfair situations around. People may have hurt me and done me wrong but I will leave it up to God. I trust that my Daddy God will not only make my wrongs right, He will repay double for all these trouble.  I ask that God will give me the grace to see me through the remaining 2 months in this place. I shall go out in peace and be led forth in joy! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment