Friday, November 12, 2010

Putting action behind my faith

I just had dinner with two of my colleagues, one of whom is leaving by end Nov. She didn't intend to leave so soon but God opened a way for her. She got a phone call by the prospective employer who eventually offered her a job. She was not even looking for a job but she was head-hunted! The offer was so good that she could forego her bonus and even a possible promotion within our company. God is so good. When He moves, He moves really fast!

During dinner, I made a few statements which I didn't even realise. I said something like I will leave this company with another baby and my colleague asked if I am pregnant. I said maybe and then I said yes, I have it! I own it! I am pregnant!  Then later on we talked about having dinner again sometime in the future. I said we should get together before I give birth, if not, I will be too busy to come out and have dinner. Another colleague then commented that I spoke like I am already pregnant.

It's amazing...sometimes I also don't know why I said certain things but it came to pass. There are 2 occasions which happened. First time was my boss and my staff asked me when I am leaving this company because I was talking about it for some time. At that time I felt pressured to give a date but then I told them I would leave by end of this year, definitely before the company moves to a new office in Jan 2011. I don't know why I said that but it happened. I am really leaving after the year-end bonus.

The other time was when I told Joshua (my son) after my 3 weeks long leave in July that mummy would definitely be back to take care of you in a few months' time. So, I wasn't sad to go back to work because I knew it would be temporary.  At that time I didn't know that I will decide to tender in Oct but I said what I wanted to see. And it came to pass.

There is another time that I spoke something and I am still waiting to see it come to pass. Whenever I celebrated Joshua's birthday (in early Aug), I would pine for another baby. Because I thought, oh another year has passed and Joshua's age gap with his sibling is getting wider. But this year, I was joyful when I celebrated his 4th birthday because I told my hubby this would be the last year we are celebrating as 3 persons in the family. Next year, when we celebrate his birthday, there would be 4 of us!

And as I was coming home, I suddenly had this sense that I would give birth by July next year, just before Joshua's birthday. That would confirm what I spoke about celebrating his birthday as a family of four. I am not glorifying myself here. All I am saying is I put action behind what I believe. Remember Jesus told the blind man in Matt 9:29 'according to your faith let it be to you.' In other words, you are what you believe. If I can believe, all things are possible to me. I don't even know why I have the boldness to pen this down but I felt that my faith level is on high. And God wants me to pen this down. All glory be to God! When it finally came to pass, then all would know that it is all God and not me! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment