Saturday, November 20, 2010

What Has Faith Got To Do With Lego

I am so excited to share from this book 'The Spirit of Faith' by Mark Hankins. I learnt about a very powerful spiritual principle that I needed to share with all.

The subtitle of this passage is 'Lego Bible Building Blocks'. In Mark 11:23, Jesus said 'Whoever says to this mountain, be removed and be cast into the seas, and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.' Notice that Jesus said 'believe' once but he mentioned 'says' three times. We would have to pay three times more attention on the saying part than the believing part. The speaking part is vital to faith.

In Mark 11:23, Jesus used three different Greek words to explain the speaking part of faith. The first 'says' is the Greek word 'epo', which means command. It shows the authority of the believer. The second reference to 'says' was the Greek word 'laleo' which means to be bold and speak out with your own voice. The third reference to speaking is the Greek word 'lego' which means a systematic set discourse (conversation).

With reference to the Lego sets that contain building blocks for children to construct according to the diagram on the box, Jesus was in effect saying 'I am giving you a lego set of building blocks that you can use to frame your world according to the picture I have given to you in the Word of God.'

Oh to me, this is very exciting because this is a chance for me to re-construct my world according to what God says about me - healthy, strong, prosperous, fruitful, blessed and favoured. I can frame my future by putting the Word of God in my mouth. When I confess that I am the happy mother of children at home, I am actually framing my future to the picture that God has for me.

You have to recognise that your circumstances do not frame your future. Your words and confession actually shape and determine what you are and what you will become. Remember: epo, laleo, lego. So, what do you want to say about your future?

No comments:

Post a Comment