Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Signs of God's goodness

Have you ever waited for a promise to manifest in your life and sometimes gotten all weary waiting for it? Maybe you have waited for a long time and then you start to waver and ask if God's promise for you is ever coming to pass or whether you even heard Him correctly in the first place? God is merciful and He never fails to provide signs along the way to confirm you are on the right track and your breakthrough is coming.

During Christmas service at the Indoor Stadium last year, Pastor Prince asked the congregation to think of 3 wishes for the coming year. He said the anointing of the Lord is very strong and he encouraged us to bring these 3 wishes to the Lord. After he prayed for all of us, he said 'Your miracle is already conceived. In the months to come, the manifestation will be clear.' I prayed for 3 things: our 2nd baby, a condo and my writing ministry.

Through the course of 2010, I already saw two of my prayers come to pass. By God's grace, we bought our condo in Sep 2010 and in Oct 2010, I made a decision to be a stay home mum so that I can take care of my kids and write my book. God also gave me greater clarity on my writing ministry and though I had not started on my book, I am already blogging (which is great fun!)

I told God that even though we are nearing the end of 2010, I still believe that I will see the manifestation of my baby before the end of the year. Because I believe it is in this year that all my wishes would manifest as I heard Pastor clearly said 'in the months to come', not in the years to come.  Besides, two out of three prayers came to pass. So why not this one?

I was thinking about this on last Sunday service again. Then as I was reading the Solid Rock magazine by our church, I saw this testimony by a brother. He said 'For those of us who brought 3 wishes to the Lord on that Christmas service last year, I just want to encourage you that God has heard your prayers.'

He went on to share that he prayed for a closer relationship with God, a child and a job (he just resigned). Within 2 months, his wife was pregnant despite the fact that they were in their forties. Then in Aug 2010, he found a job in Qatar which was much better than the last job. Wow, it was amazing because he had struggled about finding a job and sometimes felt he could not see the light at the end of the tunnel. But he chose to believe that God will make a way when there seems to be no way.

Then one day, a phone call and an email changed everything. He concluded by saying that sometimes things seemed impossible but all things are possible with God. God answered all of his wishes within this year! Hallelujah! This was clearly a sign of God's goodness to tell me that it would be done to me according to what I can believe!   

No comments:

Post a Comment