Monday, November 22, 2010

Speaking to Your Mountain

Many of us want to see the desired results in our lives but how many of us are speaking what we want to see? I just want to quote an example in which I spoke to my mountain and saw the results manifest.

The completion date (the day we collect the keys) for our new home is on 1 Dec. Prior to that, we were expecting to receive a letter of approval from Central Provident Fund (CPF) to confirm the use of funds in our ordinary accounts to pay for part of our condo downpayment.  The use of CPF funds is very critical because we need to 'cough up' this amount equivalent in cash if this does not materialise. Of course I checked all the necessary conditions and even called up CPF Board to confirm we could use this money, after setting aside some Minimum Sum in our accounts.

I remembered opening our letterbox a few times expecting to see the CPF letter but the letter haven't arrived. Surprisingly, I was not disappointed. I just declared that 'The CPF Board has approved our request and our letter is on the way.' Each time I didn't see the letter, I would declare that it is on the way. As the completion date neared, I could have panicked, called CPF Board and worried about whether our request would be approved. But I didn't. I just spoke to my situation.

True enough, last Friday, the letter arrived! Praise the Lord! I was of course not surprised to see the letter because I had expected it to come all the while! But I was certainly relieved. I didn't even doubt the contents of the letter before I opened it. I assumed it would be approved and of course it was approved!

The interesting thing was another letter came along with this. It was not what I had expected though. This is a letter from Singapore Land Authority (SLA) to confirm that the caveat had been lodged on our new property, so that others could not lay claim to it. This letter was also important but I wasn't expecting it. But thank God it all came within the same day! I am really excited about the possession of our condo because it is just next week! Counting down to the momentous event!

No comments:

Post a Comment