Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Moving House

Although we are scheduled to move into our new home at Rio Vista in Dec, I had requested for the boxes to be provided in early Oct.  I knew we should space out our packing because it would be stressful to cramp everything together in Dec. This proved to be a wise decision, thank God! We had just started packing from our study room and guess what, after two weekends of packing (counting only half a day each weekend), we still haven't finished packing the study room. And that is just the study room! We have yet to start packing the bedrooms, the kitchen, the storeroom etc. 

Well, I told my hubby I need to take one step at a time. As I think about all the other rooms that needed to be packed, I already feel exhausted. Being the task-oriented person, coupled with my planning skills, I can't help feeling overwhelmed. But I guess God is also telling me to rest even while packing...that I should enjoy the process and not be stressed out by it.

Actually as we were packing, we uncovered a lot of hidden things that hold fond memories of our past.  Like a file that contains the renovation works for this current home, our wedding preparations etc. These are so nostalgic. I remembered the times we spent in this home, the happy and sad memories.  When we first got married, my hubby said this home is special because it will be with us in the early years of our marriage and our family life (with kids). That's why he refused to sell the flat.

And that's how God gave him the desire to hold 2 properties. God is so good - He really accelerates things, in just 2 years' time, God not only enabled us to pay off the mortgage of our flat but provided the finances for us to pay the downpayment of our condo! With God, nothing is impossible! Who would have thought that we could pay off our flat mortgage so soon, who would have thought we could save enough money to buy another property but God in His grace, provided all these for us, without us labouring or toiling! Indeed this is a year of restful increase!

No comments:

Post a Comment