Wednesday, May 6, 2015

FAIRY TALES

'But Jesus said: Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them; for such is the kingdom of God.' Luke 18:16

I was reading this devotional called 'Journals of the Heart' and it talked about fairy tales. Remember the time when we were little girls...how we listened to fairy tales like Cinderella, Snow White, Rapunzel with amazement? I don't know about you but I have dreamt about my prince riding on a white horse coming for me. I have tried to dress myself up like a princess and imagined myself going to a ball hosted by the King.

Sometimes I thought of myself as a long lost princess who has been brought up by a peasant farmer. And one day my real father, the King came looking for me. Then the next thing I knew was I was in the palace, enjoying all kinds of luxury imaginable to men. Beautiful clothes, stunning Princess bedroom, great food, servants at my command...most importantly, not having to worry about money because my father was the richest man in the kingdom. He loved me so much and treated me like the most precious pearl.

Fairy tales belonged to the heart of a child but I do believe that deep down in every woman, there is a little girl inside her. No matter how grown up the woman is, there is a part of her who would still want to believe in fairy tales. I believe every woman deserves to be loved by her Prince Charming and to have all the nice, beautiful things in life. Actually it isn't a fantasy. Miracles really do happen when woman believes in Jesus Christ, who is our ultimate Prince Charming.

It's easy for a child to believe in the supernatural for there are no limits in her heart. The heart of a child is a beautiful thing to the Lord. This kind of heart is closer to heaven than you can imagine. A child's imagination is so fertile and nothing is impossible for them in their worlds. But sadly as they grow up, people start putting limitations on their minds. And as they experienced the harsh realities of life, these dreams die, one by one.

One thing the Lord did for me in my time of fellowship with Him was to bring back this little girl in me. He wanted me to have the heart of a child and to believe Him with childlike faith. Many adults are hard of believing because we rationalise too much. The things of God cannot be processed with our heads. A miracle makes no sense. That's why we have to receive God like a child in order to see fairy tales become realities. It really isn't too far fetched...do you dare to have childlike faith?

No comments:

Post a Comment