Thursday, December 24, 2015

THE GIFT WITH YOUR NAME ON IT

I just watched John Gray's sermon titled 'The Gift'. It was a reminder that in the midst of buying presents and giving, that Jesus is the reason for the season. When I wrote my previous post, I didn't know that John Gray was going to mention about this: Jesus is the reason for the season. His mum told him to always expect a miracle during Christmas. At the end of his sermon, he declared that this Christmas, the spirit of depression will be broken. That this Christmas, instead of the loss, we will feel the joy of Christmas. God will show His manifest love on us and create a sense of excitement and expectancy that will propel us into our destiny next year. He prayed for the gift with your name on it to be given to you during this Christmas, the miracle you have been waiting for.

I felt so touched when I heard this because it was my own prayer too. I pray for all those people with secret hurts and pains, feeling the loss of what could have been and those putting on a strong front during such festive seasons. Indeed things can never satisfy the void in our hearts. Only Jesus can. Only God's love can. And with Jesus in your heart, you can always have hope for the future. Hope that one day God will turn all these unfair situations around. Hope does not disappoint us for God has poured us His love into us through His Spirit.

When Joshua heard about the gift with your name written on it, he said he has received such a present this year. I was wondering what he was talking about then he said it was the Nutella bottle with his name printed on it. It was such a visual way of God's message. From the start of the year, I have been hearing promises of how the blessings with your name on it is coming to you this year...and I have seen some of these blessings come to pass. Yet I was encouraged to see this word in visual form.


No comments:

Post a Comment