Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Hooked on love

Recently I came across a few songs by Fahrenheit (a popular Taiwanese group) that are very nice in melody and meaningful in lyrics. I liked them so much that I put the songs on my previous blog posts. I apologise for my English-speaking audience that I posted them in Chinese and did not offer any translation. The reason I kept them in Chinese was that these songs were better expressed in Chinese and any translation would dilute its original meaning.

In summary, I just wanted to share that these are all love songs. Even though they are all commercial pop songs, I could actually feel Jesus' love and His protection over me through the songs. I felt so pampered by His love. That was why I got lost in this romantic love. It is really beautiful. I felt that I am slowly being changed by His love. I also realised why I did not indulge myself in this love before. It could be the fear of being too obsessed with this love, fear of being so reliant on His love and becoming so vulnerable, fear of being rejected should He find out that I am actually not loveable, fear of being so childish and inward-looking.

But now I know these are all lies. The truth is, when you really experience His love intimately, when you cast yourself totally to His love, enjoy intimacy with Him and let him love you extravagantly, you cannot help but be transformed in glory. Indeed love makes one feel like a small girl and though I know I am spoilt by His love, I am still looking forward to more of His love. For the first time in my life, I decided to be 'selfish' for once and allow myself to be loved indulgently by my Lord. 1 John 4:16 says 'And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.' I don't rely on my love for Him because it goes up and down all the time. But I know I can surely count on His love for me, especially during difficult and confusing times in my life.

This love of God has slowly come to stay in my heart; deep in my heart where no one could see it. Yet it has always been there. This love has caused me to be so reliant on God. I longed to see God smile, to see Him happy and excited. Even if God does not say a word, I can still understand His quiet love for me. I am truly blessed to know this everlasting love of God. My friend, have you known His love intimately?

No comments:

Post a Comment