Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Intoxicating Romantic Love

Recently I have been watching the Taiwan idol dramas and thinking about the romantic love between the lead characters in the dramas. It's amazing how I can be so indulged in the world of romantic love. I really feel like a little girl all over again...like having my youth renewed. I wondered if this is God's way of letting me re-live my teenage days, making up for the lost fantasies every girl should have?

Actually I kind of feel embarassed to be infatuated with romanticism especially when I am already a mother. I never saw myself as a romantic person. Since young, I had to be the responsible, hardworking and sensible girl as I was the eldest child. Growing up, I never really had the time or interest to indulge myself in 'idol worship' like other girls did. But now that I have the time to experience all these, I realised it can still be such a powerful emotion even at my age.

In fact, it should not be surprising that love can be a powerful emotion because God made us this way. He created us with a tremendous capacity to loved and be loved. It's just that through the daily grinds of life, through setbacks and trials, we have learnt to close ourselves up to love. Perhaps it was an attempt to protect ourselves so that we would not be hurt or suffer disappointments. For others, they might be too caught up with the 'bread and butter' issues of life to think about such luxuries as romantic love.

However, there is really nothing wrong with experiencing romantic love. Our God is a romantic God and Jesus is our Lord, our Husband. We, the church, are His bride. What's wrong with letting Jesus chase us and woo us with His love? This love, like other romantic love between a guy and girl, is really an intense and powerful emotion (perhaps even more). Our heads usually cannot comprehend this intense feeling (because at most times, love is irrational) but this love is felt by our hearts. The emotions that I experienced through the intense love of Jesus are real. I cannot deny it. It is so intoxicating that it became what I could think about all day long. Nothing else matters.

How about you, my friend? Have you allowed yourself to experience this great love God has for you? Go on...indulge yourself a little...basking in the love of God and enjoying the intense feelings from His love.

No comments:

Post a Comment