Tuesday, September 29, 2015

HAZE

There has been a haze in our country caused by the Indonesian forest fires. The haze has been there for more than three weeks. Initially I wasn't bothered about it and didn't pray about it because the haze usually comes and goes. It would clear up by itself after a while. But this time, the haze has been persistent and became worse last Thursday, so much so that school was cancelled on Friday. Even our CG meeting was cancelled too. This was the first time it happened after I came to this church.

I was reminded of the time in June 2013 when the haze was at its worst, hitting hazardous levels of 400. That month happened to be the school holidays and we couldn't go anywhere towards the end of the holidays. I was hoping the haze would clear so I could bring Joshua out because in the last week of that holiday, I would be going back to part time work. Hence I wanted to make full use of whatever time I had with him in that holiday. I remembered feeling quite frustrated towards the end when the haze was so bad, it kept us confined at home.

This time round, I wasn't really that affected by the haze but I did pray when I heard Pastor praying on one particular Sunday. Pastor said initially he didn't pray but later the Lord told him to pray because the haze was going to get worse. I also prayed for a strong east wind to blow the haze away. But after we prayed, the haze didn't get better but worse that week. It hit hazardous levels. Thank God that on Friday there was a turnaround and we had clear skies on Saturday. Many people came out to exercise and we also celebrated Mooncake Festival that night. Then the haze came back on Sunday.

God is so good, He sent many showers over the past week and also yesterday, if not, the haze could be worse. I was just thinking one good thing that came out of this was I spent lesser money because we stayed at home most of the times...ha ha. But this morning, the haze became worse and I was wondering why the haze was still lingering. The weather forecast predicted that the haze would persist till Nov. That is too long a time. I pray it will clear up by next week.


No comments:

Post a Comment