Tuesday, September 1, 2015

A HUNDREDFOLD

Recently two of Pastor's devotionals talked about a hundredfold. This sparked my interest and so I searched the bible for mentions of hundredfold. I found three mentions.

1) Genesis 26:12 'Then Isaac sowed in that land and reaped in the same year a hundredfold; and the Lord blessed him.'
2) Matthew 19:29 'And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or lands, for my name’s sake, will receive a hundredfold...'
3) Mark 4:20 'But those that were sown on the good soil are the ones who hear the word and accept it and bear fruit, thirtyfold, sixtyfold and a hundredfold.'

All of them had to do with sowing and reaping. The first one talked about how God can prosper us in bad times. The second talked about how a reward is coming for all the labour of love, the sacrifices made because of persecutions that have come in us representing Jesus. The third talked about the fullness of time. How our seed grew over time and now it is harvest. All these passages point to harvest time being here.

Not only that, I was reading the context of Genesis 26:12 and I found these verses following it. Isaac began to prosper and continued prospering until he became very prosperous, for he had possessions of flocks and herds and a great number of servants. So the Philistines envied him. Isn't this also what is happening to believers who are richly blessed by the Lord? The bible also said that the blessings of the Lord on the believers will provoke Gentiles to jealousy. 

Recently my heart is really swelling with joy like in Isaiah 60:5 'Then you shall see and become radiant, and your heart shall swell with joy; because the abundance of the sea shall be turned to you, the wealth of the Gentiles shall come to you.' My heart is bursting with thanksgiving to the Lord. For I have come to realise that many blessings which came upon me years ago have good repercussions even until today. I am still discovering the benefits of those blessings today. No wonder God says that the blessings of the righteous will trickle down to future generations. What an amazing God we have!

No comments:

Post a Comment