Monday, August 31, 2015

HOW OUR GOD IS LIKE TO ME

I just felt like sharing about how God is like to me through my years of walking with Him. God is so patient with me, long suffering. He does not give up on me even when I am so disappointed or angry with Him at times. He still lovingly picked me up every time I fell into the pits. He loves me so much that His heart pained during the times He saw me crying my guts out. Oh how He longed to breakthrough all of heaven to reach out to me in those times.

He is faithful to His promise and He never fails to remind me that His word is true and will surely come to pass. How many times did He tell me that He is not a man that will lie, a son of man who will change His mind? He cannot lie. Even though He cannot show me everything He was doing in my life, He kept reminding me that once He promised me something, it will manifest in due time.

I also realized that His plan is far greater than I imagined. He is a sovereign God. He sees my end from my beginning. His plans are much further than we can imagine. We may be thinking about the next 1-3 years but He is planning the next 10-20 years of our lives. Isn't God amazing? So many times we missed what He is doing in our lives and accuse Him of being slow to bring the promises to pass.

It is not Him who is slow...it is us. We are often not as ready as we thought we are. He is slowing down to keep pace with us. He is merciful to lead us one step at a time, one shift at a time. He knows we cannot take it if He brings us from A to Z straight away. It's amazing when you look back, how He brings all the pieces of the puzzle together.

God is so full of encouragement, He never fails to encourage me in any and every discouragement that I faced. He always has a way to cheer me up and bring me out from my pit. His words of encouragement are consistent. Most of the times He showed me that the issue that bothered me wasn't even about the obvious one bothering me! It was something else and He uncovered the issue for me and addressed it.

He is loving, compassionate and full of goodness. He shows Himself as my Daddy God who always acts on my behalf. He rebukes the devourer for my sake. When the enemy comes on too strong and I cannot take it, He will always intervene and tell the devil to back off, it's enough! He is always so kind to me, always ready to defend me. He longs to do good to me for Jesus' sake. I feel so special in His presence. Even though the whole world doesn't know me, it's ok. I know I am the apple of His eye. I can boast that I know The Lord and He knows me.

God is trustworthy. Whenever the circumstances seem contrary to His word and the devil tries to make Him out to be a liar, He will always show Himself to be trustworthy. He would speak to me with His word and show me throughout bible history, none of His good promises failed to come to pass. He always asks me to trust Him and His word for they are truth, and most times, things came to pass exactly how He told me. Sometimes it might take place over a period of time and I had forgotten about them but He always brings me to remembrance.

Recently God is showing his powers. He is a powerful God. No one and nothing can stop Him when the fullness of time has come. When He opens the door, no man can shut it. He has shown Himself strong...stronger than I have ever seen. When I saw the healing, the signs and wonders, the speedy answers to prayers, I was convinced of His power. I also experienced what the bible says about perfect love driving out all fear. I came to that point where I am not afraid of the spiritual dark forces anymore because I know He who is in me in greater than He who is in the world.

God is eternal. He showed me that things that are unseen are eternal. Things that can be seen are temporal and subject to change. He taught me how to see the spiritual things as real, more real than the physical things. For the spiritual realm has the power to change the physical. He also taught me not to focus on the natural, not to be afraid of them for they are subject to change, they will have to eventually line up with His word. He taught me how to exercise my dominion over diseases, the physical circumstances and the dark powers.

I also learnt that God is a precise God. His timing is perfect and all things are made beautiful in its time. He may not be early but He is never late. He will always be on time. He has prepared everything so that when the promise comes, it would be perfect for our maximum enjoyment. He really has our best interests. Whenever I needed Him, He always shows up on time. 

He is a also God of reward and no debtor to man. He loves to give me surprises and good things just to bring a smile to my face. He loves to see me smile. It lights up His day. He wants me to enjoy my life, every single day of my life with Him without worrying. He wants be to be always happy, joyful, singing praises to Him and thanking Him. He wants me to live a good life, the abundant life.

God is full of wisdom. He never fails to provide good solutions to challenges and always gives me new perspectives on the issue. Like how He poured out His anointing on me to write. Sometimes when I read what I had written, it was so good that I could not believe I wrote it. It had to be God. He is a progressive God, always doing better than the last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment