Wednesday, August 12, 2015

THE HUMAN WILL

I just wanted to share an excerpt from my ebook 'Flowing in the Spirit in Healing and Deliverance'. It was something I learnt about the human will.

In 2014, I felt like I received so many important revelations. Things that the Lord taught me about His will and the human will, through a series of life and death events where the rubber met the road. I also learnt how to listen and respond to the Spirit's prompting. Then I left the results to the Lord. I learnt to wait upon Him for the perfect timing because that would yield the best results.

I also learnt to submit my own will and idiosyncrasies to God’s will. I learnt how to pray according to that person's will. It was a hurdle I couldn't get pass, praying for someone to let go of this life and be with the Lord in heaven. It went against the grain of my call to the healing ministry. But I have learnt that not everyone wants to be healed as some really wished to go home to be with Jesus. This is where the rubber meets the road because as much as I wanted healing for them, as much as The Lord wanted healing for them, God will not supersede their will, so how can I go against it? I have learnt to humble myself to agree in prayer with them and not be affected by what I believe. I tell myself that after all I am just a vessel to be used by God. I am there to manifest His grace and His love.

Once again I learnt that in cases of sickness, it was best if these people could receive healing sooner because the longer the sickness dragged, the bigger the stronghold. They would reach a stage where they would get so disillusioned with God because they could not see any progress. Then they would slowly give up hope and start asking God to take them home. When that happened, it would be much tougher, though not impossible to speak faith into them. Of course nothing is impossible with God but if we already knew how things would turn out, why blame God for not healing them in the first place? God’s will is always for them to be healed. But after speaking faith to them, if they still insisted on going home to be with the Lord, then I would pray accordingly.

I also learnt through the passage of time, that no matter how difficult or heart wrenching the outcome was at that point, God would always turn all things around for the good of the family. He would always heal the broken hearted and bind up their wounds. Some people made peace with themselves saying that even though they knew. Yet I know that was not God’s best for them. Psalms 91:16 says ‘With long life shall I satisfy him and show him My salvation.’ God’s plan is for us to live long lives and to show us His salvation, who is Jesus. I believe there is no such thing as an appointed time to die. It is really up to us, whether we are satisfied with our lives here. For some people, they feel that their life’s work is completed and so they are ready to meet the Lord face to face. But for most of us remaining on earth, I believe our life’s work is not yet completed.

God has an inheritance for all His children on this earth and He wants us to possess the inheritance paid for by Jesus. There is nothing wrong with wanting to go back home to be with The Lord but if everyone does that, who will be staying to do His will on earth? Who will be here to possess the inheritance God has given us? Pastor Prince always says you are of no earthly good once you reach heaven. There’s no turning back, it's a one-way trip. I understand that not everyone wants to possess an inheritance here. They are just happy to be saved and go to heaven. They don't know or don't care about God's will for their lives here and they don't understand about divine destiny. Well, God still loves them and blesses their lives but they cannot be used mightily by Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment