Thursday, September 24, 2015

FORGIVE AND MOVE ON!

I was just watching John Gray's sermon preached on 16 Sep titled Labour Day Part II. He encouraged all that your bus is coming and it is right on schedule. So stay in position, don't move from your place of rest. And don't let anything come between you and your blessing. If you have any bitterness or unforgiveness toward anyone, settle it with that person or let it go. Send a text to the person saying I forgive you, please forgive me too. And pray for God to bless that person because you are going to move on to your next destination. It's your turn to receive your long-awaited blessing.

People at the bus stop whose bus are not coming yet may not be happy for you but who cares? Your bus is finally coming and its your turn to move on. The devil has no power to hold your blessing hostage. Everything that has your name on it will have to come to you now. Hence you got to clear your baggage because you cannot bring these to where you are going. You got to lighten your load. One of the ways is by forgiving others and letting go of the bitterness or grudge.

Isn't this word spot on? It wasn't a coincidence that this sermon was preached the next day after I texted sorry to the person whom I bore a grudge. Even though I only watched it now, a week later, it was on the next day that John Gray preached this sermon. Surely God must be confirming that this is His will for me. To forgive and let go of the bitterness and move on. And it was only yesterday that I came to realise the immensity of this single act of forgiveness. It has truly set me free from any incumbrance in my life. Not only that, it has caused me to soar like wings on eagles.

I finally saw that it was possible to soar like wings on eagles during this final stage of delivery. Because it wasn't my strength but His strength imparted to me. My strength is totally spent from the years of waiting and managing those painful contractions. So at the crucial moment, God came to impart His strength to me as I looked to Him for help. I knew I couldn't do this myself so I asked God to help me push this 'baby' out. It's indeed not by power or might but the Spirit of God that this 'baby' is delivered.

I realised yesterday that this was really a magnificent victory, the fact that I could look at my giant in the eye and say: I am no longer afraid of you! I should be celebrating this great victory. In fact, the destruction of this age-old stronghold may be even more spectacular than the actual manifestation. This victory also meant that I have grown much stronger and bigger than the giants in my life. I no longer live a life of defeat because my Jesus has caused me to overcome, to walk in victory over these giants. Not only that, God has given me a double portion for the shame I suffered. Double the honour. It is a great restoration indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment