Monday, November 16, 2015

BIRTH PAINS DURING TRANSITION

I was just thinking about how I felt like a heavily pregnant woman waiting to deliver this long overdue dream. How restless, how uncomfortable, how vulnerable I have been feeling lately! How I wish I could just get this 'baby' out as soon as possible. I reached a stage where I was so exhausted. I had focused all my energies on this birth. I wasn't interested in anything else and I couldn't be involved in starting anything new unless this 'baby' is birthed. In other words, I was stuck. Everything seemed to predicate on the manifestation. It was that intense.

And I couldn't turn my attention to another thing to keep myself meaningfully occupied while waiting. It's different from earlier. There isn't any other assignments the Lord would give, for the moment. He is relentless on settling this issue for me. I sense His resolve. And He doesn't want me to be distracted from the birth. He wants me to set my face like flint, focusing on the joy before me. I felt like I was holding my breath waiting for this promise to manifest. And I have been doing this for a long while so I was running out of breath.

Then I happened to chance upon this article. The writer said: I believe 2015 is a year of new beginnings and that means birthings. Last fall, Ken Malone had a prophetic vision that shook him and the Lord impressed upon him that we are in a season of giving birth.

"I saw and heard the radical remnant of the Lord pregnant with the dreams and visions of the Lord. They were pregnant with the purposes of God in the earth. Many are pregnant with awakening revival for their nation, cities and families. Others are pregnant with a harvest of souls. Still others are pregnant with signs, wonders and miracles. Then there are those who are pregnant with His presence, intercession and gifts of the Holy Spirit,"

"The radical remnant I saw and am seeing is beyond full term. Something is keeping them from delivering God's purpose. The remnant is not able to deliver. Groaning and travail as with a woman in pain of childbirth is on the remnant. But no one can deliver. Suddenly, I began to see why we could not deliver. The accuser of the brethren was standing there making accusation against the remnant. Dreams and visions from the Lord are being held hostage in the womb of the sons and daughters of the Lord by this accuser."

The writer then heard the Lord say, "I am shutting the mouth of the destroyer, and I will establish a throne of righteousness and worship in the land." A release of joy came to her spirit as she heard the Lord release the vengeance of our God against the accuser of the brethren (Isaiah 61:2). The accuser is warring over your harvest. But it is your season to travail to prevail but Jesus has given us the victory. We must enter into the place of Isaiah 54:1-3: "Sing, O barren, You who have not borne! Break forth into singing, and cry aloud". It is important to enter into a season of worship in this season.

She encouraged all of us to get ready for the birthing that will bring the new beginnings. 2015 is a year of new beginnings. That means some of you are going to birth some things. That means you may be a little uncomfortable in 2015. It means you will face some transition. It means you may enter into travail. Transitions are difficult. This is the place where people tend to grow weary and faint. The moments right before you give birth to that new thing—before you enter that new beginning—are the hardest of all. You will face the accuser of the brethren and engage in spiritual warfare at new levels. But you will win! It will be worth it!

What you are birthing may seem scary to you or overwhelming to you. We can take a lesson from Mary. It's time to face your fears—fear of the unknown, fear of failing, fear of rejection, fear of transition. When the angel came to Mary and told her she would birth the Son of God, she ultimately responded: "I am the servant of the Lord. May it be unto me according to your word" (Luke 1:38).

You know, I have come to the place where I have passed the point of feeling scared, overwhelmed by this birth. I am past caring what would happen after the manifestation, what kind of adjustments to my life etc. I have faced all my fears - fear of the unknown, fear of failing, fear of transition, even fear of childbirth. It was like when I was heavily pregnant with Joshua, I was way beyond the fear of giving birth.

In fact I was more afraid that I couldn't give birth when the time came. What an irrational fear but it was so real to me then. God gave me this verse to assure me. Isaiah 66:9 'Shall I bring to the time of birth and not cause delivery? Shall I who cause delivery shut up the womb?' The answer is no. He will surely cause me to deliver this baby. And I really did soon after. Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment