Thursday, November 19, 2015

NARNIA

Now that I am on the trail of movies, have you watched the movie series 'Narnia''? I simply loved this story by CS Lewis. I loved the depiction of Jesus as Aslan in Narnia. I loved the close connection between Lucy and Aslan. There was a part when Aslan told Lucy in the sequel to the first movie that things will not happen the same way twice. For years I have wondered why God told me that in waiting for this promise to come to pass, things will never happen the same way twice. I received this word on 16 Aug 2008. At that time I thought God was referring to just the promise of another child. But yesterday I saw the second part of it.

I started reading this book 'Lioness Arising' by Lisa Bevere some years ago but recently I was prompted to finish it. In one of the chapters, Lisa said that God doesn't change his directives just because humans disagree with Him. He also doesn't play the blame game. He waits and listens until we have moved from accusation to honesty. The posture of humility empowers us to arise and walk with Him into the wild. CS Lewis captured this profound truth so well in the following interaction with Lucy.

Lucy realised that she should have followed Aslan even if the rest didn't join her. Aslan gives her another chance to tell her siblings that she has seen him and it's time to follow. 'But they won't believe me!' said Lucy. 'It doesn't matter,' said Aslan. 'Oh dear, oh dear,' said Lucy. 'And I was so pleased to find you again...And I thought you'd come roaring in and frighten the enemies away, like last time. And now everything is going to be horrid.' 'It is hard for you, little one,' said Aslan. 'But things never happen the same way twice.' God sets us up for an adventure and we imagine it will be a 'horrid' failure. Lucy goes from hopeful to hiding.

Lucy buried her head in his mane to hide from his face. But there must have been magic in his mane. She could feel lion strength going into her. Quite suddenly she sat up. 'I'm sorry, Aslan,' she said. 'I am ready now.' 'Now you are a lioness,' said Aslan. 'And now all of Narnia will be renewed.' When Lisa read the declaration, she was overcome. 'Now you are a lioness...'

God wants us to make this declaration over each of His daughters as we sit up, stop crying and make ourselves ready. Then God can proclaim, 'Now you are courageous. Now you have My perspective. You realise your strengths. You are fit for battle.' Remember you are part of an army engaged in an all-out battle. I believe this was the second part withheld from me in 2008 until now. More than 7 years later, God revealed this part to me.

I was so touched when I saw this. I was waiting for God to come roaring in and frighten my enemies away. But God was waiting for me to sit up, wipe my tears away and arise. He was waiting for me to be ready. Then when I finally am, He comes saying to me 'Now you are a lioness. Now you are courageous, you have My perspective. You realise your strengths. Now you do the roaring to scare your enemies away.'

For so long I have been sedated, immobilised by fear, distracted by things going on around me and blinded to the hidden potential within me. That was what the enemy has been trying to do. He didn't want me to wake up to the potential God has put in me. But it's too late now. My eyes are finally opened. God has awakened a lioness in me. Now it's time for me to roar.

Lisa also said that the God-whispers of yesterday will be elevated to shouts of tomorrow. She is not sure if we even understand the possible magnitude of this but we are now leaning in and listening. There is a rustling in our spirit, a stirring within. We are often alone when we hear the whisper. But we are far from being the only ones who hear. God is willing to speak to all who are quiet enough to hear. It's just a matter of pausing long enough to hear the Holy Spirit with clarity and then capture His words in strength.

Seasons of being alone, quiet listening can be uncomfortable but it is a process we must go through if we are to find ourselves reconnected to God. For years, she felt as though she had been alone, speaking words in a confined space. She could see but couldn't get out until someone suddenly threw open the doors and invited her to a large, open space filled with light and laughter. In that moment, she realised that she was included and would join the ranks of others to work together to change the world. Being connected to others who had heard the same whispers was empowering, amazing and liberating.

I too felt the same as her. Those years of silence, when I yearned to belong, to be connected but could find no one who could hear God's whispers like I did. But I knew I shouldn't be the only one. There should be others out there. It's a matter of waiting for the Lord to bring the divine appointments. As I thought about how God brought one anointed sister to me, I realised that I was watched for and welcomed by all others who bear His whispers within. I was included not by my own merits but because I belonged to a company of men and women who are arising upon the earth. God wants a family of sons and daughters. And now it is time to break the silence and start roaring.

No comments:

Post a Comment