Wednesday, November 4, 2015

MEMORIAL STONES

I watched Pastor Joel's sermon on 'Just Remember'. His sermon talked about Deuteronomy 7:17-18 'If you shall say in your heart: These nations are greater than I; how can I dispossess them? You shall not be afraid of them, but you shall remember well what the Lord your God did to Pharaoh and to all Egypt'. This is such a timely word for me as I have just closed a chapter of my life and moving on to a new season. New things are happening. It is an exciting time yet somewhat scary because I have not passed this way before. It is uncharted grounds.

At this juncture, I am reminded of what God told me in 2010 and 2012. He said 'Don't let these spectacular victories become mundane. Don't lose the excitement over these great things I have done for you. These are no ordinary victories.' In the Old Testament, the Lord commanded His people to celebrate certain feasts so that they would not forget what He has done in their lives. Another reason was for them to pass on those inspiring stories to the next generation.

The Lord wants us to take time to remember our victories and celebrate what God has done in our life. Put out some memorial stones so that in future, when you face challenges, you can say with confidence that 'I know the Lord did it for me before, so He will do it again!' As you recount these victories in your life, you will be swept away with fresh amazement of how His promises always come to pass, even if at one point you didn't think it was possible.

One time I asked God why do I need to celebrate these miracles on such a scale. He replied 'It is a great thing I have done for you. You will surely remember it now because it is very intense. But what about 5 years or 10 years from now? You will not fully remember the joy of this miracle. You need to celebrate it so that your future generations may know that I have performed this miracle for you.'

And so right now, I am going to boast about all the mega blessings the Lord has blessed us with over the years. This is more to remind myself of what He has done for me so that faith could arise in my heart as I face my unknown future. It is unknown to me but not to God. He has gone before me to prepare the way for me. The Lord has been so good to me and my family. We are really blessed to be a blessing. I encourage you to do the same too!

1. Giving me a church wedding and causing my father-in-law (who was against Christianity) to attend our wedding at the last minute
2. Blessing my father-in-law with $20,000 after our wedding, hence changing his mind about Christianity being a curse to his ancestral worship beliefs
3. Having leftover savings after our wedding so that we can afford to buy a car when few of our friends could afford back then
4. Fulfilling my desire of being a mum, giving us Joshua, a champion kid
5. Leading us out of our old church to NCC, putting us in a loving CG family
6. Providing us with the financial means to buy a second property which is a condominium, so that I can stay home in style and with rental income from our first property
7. Causing my first book to be published
8. Putting me in leadership position in NCC, albeit only for a season
9. Opening the door for Heng to work in this current company as a Financial Controller, a position of influence
10. Fulfilling our dream of buying a BMW
11. Causing Joshua to be selected for the Gifted Programme round two tests
12. Opening doors for my writing ministry

No comments:

Post a Comment