Monday, February 22, 2016

WHY THE RESISTANCE IS STRONGEST TOWARDS THE END

Some time ago I was asking God why I seemed to be facing the same giants that I thought I had overcome last year. Why was I put through the same situation all over again? It was quite discouraging to see that I had to fight the same giants all over again...when will this ever end? Do you feel this way at times? Well, yesterday Pastor Lian said something very encouraging. She said if you see giants all around you, the good news is you have crossed over and entered your promised land. You are beginning to take possession of your inheritance!

Heng also said something that really lighted up my spirits. He said it wasn't those same giants that were resurrected and came back to fight me. Those giants that I overcome last year were dead and gone. Those grounds that I covered last year belonged to me. These were new giants that I faced recently. Heng said the reason why they fought back more fiercely was because I was much closer to their fortress than before. I was at their last line of defence.

The enemy is trembling now because we have advanced too fast and covered too much ground. That explained the ferocity and frequency of the attacks. Besides there is an end date to the enemy's attempts and they don't have the resources to sustain an attack for long. No wonder in the midst of the attacks, the enemy kept telling me to give up on this dream and he will cease all attacks. Why should we surrender when obviously we were on the winning side? After all we have fought all the way to the capital. The enemy is bound to be defeated unless he has aide from elsewhere, an army of troops from the neighbouring countries. But no, he has no more resources. He is doomed!

The enemy is really a big liar. He kept making me think that I was still stuck at the same place after so long, made no progress. He had me believe that I didn't really overcome those giants so that was why they resurfaced to attack me again. I mean I would be so discouraged to learn that I had not really overcome these giants after all those attacks. But that wasn't true. Heng said I did overcome them. These were new giants at a new level of warfare. It was their last line of defence so of course they got to put up a fierce fight. If they lost this line of defence, they would lose everything. No wonder Heng said the enemy was calling a bluff, saying I was still stuck, threatening that if I did not stop advancing, he would bring on more attacks, causing me to break down completely.

Yesterday during church service, I had this revelation quite similar to what Heng told me. The enemy would put up its strongest defence nearest to the fortress. That is why the attacks and resistance would be the fiercest when you are closest to your breakthrough. That explains why the pressure and the heat is turned on towards the end. It is especially tough because you would be so weary towards the end, after all the fighting and the pressing on. Yet the enemy was the fiercest towards the end.

I was reminded of the enemies the Israelites faced when they first stepped into their promised land. It wasn't the biggies they had to face at the tower of Jericho, their first battle. These enemies were formidable but they weren't the Anakims, the descendants of the giants. Well, in God's eyes, these giants were nothing but God is good. He knew they were scared off by these Anakims years ago, so He didn't let them face these enemies immediately after the cross over.

It was much later, in fact, seven years into the conquest that Caleb asked for the mountain. Hebron was where the Anakims resided and Caleb felt empowered to take them down. He had a holy vengeance against these giants because they were the ones who kept Israel from entering the promised land years ago. Caleb had to make them pay for those wasted years of wandering in the wilderness! Not only that, Caleb came from the tribe of Judah and a prophetic word was given to his forefathers about strangling those long-necked enemies, who so happened to be the Anakims. He knew that the promise was already given by God through the word and he would be the one to take them down!

Well, suddenly I had a different perspective of what I went through. I always thought I was on the losing end, suffering attack after attack. But nothing could be further from the truth. I was on the winning streak. I was advancing and gaining grounds. Even though I may not see the good coming out of it now, it may not seem like so, I believe that this is true spiritual reality. In actual fact, we were the ones attacking the enemy and he was defending. He wasn't in the offensive, but defensive mode. All these attacks were just a smokescreen to distract me from the true battle situation. And to steal the word about now is my set time. What a great revelation!

How this truth set me free and gave me the faith boost that I so badly needed! How it totally changed my perspective and my morale! Heng also agreed that all these waves of attacks will only cease when the manifestation comes. And I am very close to that fortress wherein lies our possession. Once I get past their last line of defence, everything will be over for them. This piece of battle intelligence is so important to me. At least I know what is going on and what I need to do, to cooperate with God. At least I would not feel confused and discouraged wondering why I was facing the same situation all over again. So let us keep hearing the word, rest, then press forward and declare the battle belongs to the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment