Monday, February 1, 2016

FIGHTING GOOD FIGHT OF FAITH

After we received the word about abundance, instead of seeing the financial supply, all we have been seeing these few months were demands on our finances. In other words, we have been feeling the stretch in our finances since our expenses were usually higher during the festive season. One reason was that Heng usually receives his bonus in end December but this year his bonus will be paid out in March, a delay. But of course the other reason was because the enemy had been trying to create situations that were contrary to God's word on abundance.

It can be quite frustrating if one's eyes are focused on the natural and one would easily wonder what happened to God's word, doubting if it would come to pass. That was what happened to me recently. When I shifted my focus away from Jesus to my circumstances, I lost my peace and joy. I got so fixated with all the bills that we have to pay and I was upset that we weren't able to save up much, unlike before. And I was believing for God to speed things up this year, which means that there should not be a delay between the release of His word and the manifestation. 

But instead of seeing the prophetic word come to pass this month, all I experienced was attacks and resistance. It seemed like the opposition of the enemy has been relentless since last November. I only got a bit of reprieve in December. But then I was encouraged by Cindy Jacobs' word on 30 Jan. She said that we have to contend to see the prophecy come to pass in our lives. We have to fight the good fight of faith. Though our prayers are immediately by the Lord in the spiritual realm, it takes persistent prayer for those answers to manifest in the physical realm. 

She then quoted the example of how after Daniel prayed, God heard his prayers right away and sent His answer. But the archangel was held back by a principality for 21 days. But it was Daniel's persistent prayers that allowed the archangel to ultimately break through and got to Daniel. What if Daniel had become frustrated before his breakthrough and given up? He would have never seen God's plan fulfilled. That would be a great waste! He was so close to his breakthrough! 

I was encouraged to press forward, press past the attacks and disappointments as the Lord kept saying that the dam is about to break. I have hit the tipping point and the barren land is reaching its breaking point too. God has been leading me all this while, even when I didn't understand that the season of preparation for the next step of my destiny has come to an end. There is a shifting in the spiritual realm taking place right now. The past few days this truth has been sinking into my spirit: that season of waiting has ended and I have really come to the finish line. 

One frequent message I received is that God has sent winter on its way and spring is here. The season has changed and the bondage of barren winter has ended. Even the birds sing of this new life. It is going to rain! It is a new day! Rain is coming. God is sending down His rain. He is preparing great things, showering down these blessings. So watch, wait for the first sign of the rain, first a sprinkle then a downpour. The change that God has ordained shall come and shall spring forth without delay! It's time to see the fruit in manifestation, time to see the harvest. I shall see the season changed from hitting hard ground over and over with little fruits, to a slipstream of ease and great fruit. 

The recent messages I read also talked about what looks like a setback shall be suddenly turned in my favour. God will turn the devil on his head and He will break through the dam for me. I am to expect that suddenly I shall see His word and promises manifest in my life. The multitudes of my foes will be like fine dust and like chaff that blows away, yes, it will happen in an instant, suddenly. For God has been prepping me for such a time like this. This thing shall be done suddenly when I least expect it. The enemy will be confounded at the sudden turnaround in my life and there will be nothing he can do about it for God's plans are unstoppable. 

Instead of being discouraged by outward circumstances, I should keep my focus on Jesus and His word. Besides pressing forward to the finish line, I should also keep my expectancy high, to get ready, be on the lookout for my situation to turn around. For it shall happen suddenly, in an instant as God has said repeatedly. For God's word will not return to Him void and it is only a matter of time that my circumstances line up with His word! Praise the Lord in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment