Thursday, February 4, 2016

YOUR SET TIME HAS COME!

Psalms 102:13 'You will arise and have mercy on Zion; For the time to favour her, yes, her set time has come.'

I was so excited by Pastor Joel's sermon 'Your Set Time For Favour' preached on 31 Jan that I watched it again. And I took down notes. I wanted this word to sink into my spirit: my set time has come. You can never imagine how precious this word is to me, to hear Pastor Joel declare that our set times for favour has come. For so many years the enemy has been taunting me on this timing issue. That I will never be able to know whether my appointed time has come. And I had so many negative experiences regarding this, thinking that the time has come but actually I still had some distance to go.

Pastor Joel said it correctly. Sometimes when we have been waiting for a long time, it's easy to get into a waiting mode where we are not expecting anything. We have tried things in the past and it didn't work out. But he said we need to try again because this is a new season, a new day. It may not have happened in the past because it wasn't the right time. But we have come into a designated time of favour. Try again for God is breathing in our direction, helping us to do what we can't do on our own.

God knows I have been waiting for such a time like this. He knows I have been attacked, bruised, bullied and taunted by the enemy for the longest time. He knows that my days have been tedious, long, my trials hard and the battle difficult to bear but He was there through it all and He has brought me to this very place today. He has given me strength as it was needed. And He says I am coming into a new season, a season of refreshing and joy will be mine. I have suffered for a little while but mercy found me and my season is turning around into a season of blessing.

Lord, it has really not been an easy journey and I have wanted to give up so many times. It was Your faithfulness and Your word that kept me going on. Those times when I was relentlessly attacked, I really wondered where You are. Even though I know You are here with me, I wondered why didn't You do anything to stop my enemies, why You allowed such things to happen. For the longest time, I have been waiting for You to arise and intervene on my behalf. I have been waiting to see You fight my enemies.

And now I am so encouraged to hear that when my set time comes, that's also the time that God doesn't sit idly. Pastor Joel said yes, we all have seasons of testing and trials when we have to stand firm on His word, to stay in faith but in this set time, God gets up and says 'Ok, that's enough.' God will go to work and put a stop to what is trying to stop me. God will rise up against my enemies. And my enemies will be scattered. No wonder the enemies I see today I will see no more. No wonder I have been seeing messages that my enemies are trembling now. God is raising a standard against my enemies.

There's a time of bondage, a season of wilderness, barren winter but it came to an end when God spoke of the end of the 70-year Babylonian captivity for the Israelites to me since last November. I have been impressed upon how every storm has an end. How every season, no matter how stuck you feel, will eventually pass. How your trials and testing has an end date. God will never allow us to live in bondage forever. He has already set a time for it to end and the time is now. Pastor Joel declared: Today is our set time for favour, not 3 months, not 6 years from now.

And yes, this was what I found it hard to believe in the past...that my appointed time has come. I always knew that God will fulfill His promise but then it's always in the future. One day in the future, perhaps very far into the future. Yes, when I first started out in this journey, I had a long way to go. But obviously after such a long period of time, surely I must be much closer to my end point than before. I guess it was because whenever I see a verse like the vision awaits an appointed time, I get discouraged thinking that I still got a long way to go. God took such great pains to send His word about the kairos timing and He has been bombarding me with messages on now is my time, my time has come, right now since last April. Hence I really couldn't say I was not convinced.

Pastor Joel said that your set time is like an alarm, a timer. You have been waiting and waiting but now that the alarm goes off, you have to change your posture. From waiting to action mode. You have to change your attitude from 'I don't think it's going to happen' to 'Thank God that my set time has arrived!' Down in your spirit, you have to hear the alarm going off. Prepare to step into a new level of your destiny.

But sometimes we have been waiting for such a long time, it is easy to get lodged into a waiting mode where we are not getting our hopes and expectancy up. We may even feel like we could wait forever. After all we have waited for so long and we have gotten used to waiting. This isn't God's best but at least we have learnt to manage our disappointments and pains. But today God is saying to you: 'The wait is over! The alarm is going off! Victory is here. Your designated moment has come!' You may not see it yet but we walk by faith not by sight. All through the day, declare that your set time has come and thank God for fighting your battles.

Finally I came to this point when the message sank into my spirit. My set time has come. It is no longer a day in the future. I have crossed over from some time in the future to now is the time. It is affirmative that the past season of preparation, wilderness, winter is over. Spring has come and it is raining now! God has been trying to tell me that yes there is an appointed time for the promise to manifest and now is really my set time! Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment