Wednesday, July 22, 2015

DISTRACTIONS

Have you wondered why every time you decided to be still before the Lord and hear His voice, there will be many distractions? This is actually quite common. That is because the enemy doesn't want you to spend uninterrupted time with the Lord. He knows when you are connected to the Most High God, supernatural things happen. You are plugged to the power from on high.

Recently I also faced many frustrating distractions. I knew these are smoke screens trying to steer my focus away from Jesus but somehow I would still get affected. But thank God that in a short time, He would have restored me back to the place of peace. These distractions could come from any direction. It could be family, friends, something you saw, your dog or a phone call or even meaningful activities etc.

I find that sometimes ignoring these distractions didn't help much. Some could persist as niggling doubts eating away at my joy and peace. That was when I knew I had to take it to the Lord. In other words, complain to Him. I would pour out my grouses and greviances to Him in my journal, very much like how David poured out his heart to God in the psalms. After doing that I would feel a release and God never fails to speak to me. Then I know I am good to go on with my daily business.

Distraction is a big weapon used by the enemy. Sometimes it may even come under the guise of wonderful things like serving the Lord. The enemy wouldn't care if you are overburdened by activities. So long as you are kept busy doing instead of seeking to be who God has made you, this will keep you from intimacy with the Lord. Once distraction takes place, the enemy tries to get you to do things in your own strength.

God wants us to come to a place of rest and put an end to the striving. He wants us to come and rest, come into His intimacy, come and be with Him. You have to choose to close your eyes to all the distractions around you and rest in Him. And then you will receive all the help you need to resolve your issues or better still, after a time of fellowship with God, you will discover to your pleasant surprise that all your issues have been resolved! Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment