Monday, July 13, 2015

MORE EVIDENCES OF HIS RESTORATION

Recently we discovered that Joshua has been getting more talkative. Although we didn't know exactly what triggered it, we were happy with this development. Initially I thought it was due to the positive influence of my friend's son in Club Med, as Joshua began to talk more after our Club Med trip. But later I realised maybe it was due to the bully in his class, who acted like a Goliath bringing out the champion in David.

I started noticing this during our outing with his cousin. I saw that between the two, Joshua was the one doing most of the talking. This was unusual because his cousin was always the more chatty one since young. But in recent months I found him getting a bit withdrawn, maybe he was affected by some issues at home. At the dinner table with my in-laws, Joshua became the one talking more, instead of his cousin.

Recently Joshua seems to be blossoming. In the past he wasn't so chatty and animated. He was shy and quiet most of the time. In fact, even though he was a happy baby, there wasn't much noise coming from him. He was a quiet baby. But he became quieter during the time when he fell ill and took to watching TV instead of interacting with us. Oh how my heart broke during that time!

But God has restored to us double for what the devil stole from us. It has been our prayer all these years that Joshua become bolder and learn to speak up more. This has always been the feedback from his teachers. That Joshua is a good boy but he should learn to speak up more. He is too quiet in class. Just as he was warming up to his primary 2 classmates, there was a reshuffling of the classes and he took some time to open up to his current classmates again.

My staying home did help him to open up a bit as he became much happier after I personally took care of him. But it still took some time for him to learn to be more vocal. Every time I wrestled over this issue, God always assured me that the day will come when he opens up. And thank God that I didn't have to wait so long to see this prayer answered.

Nowadays I begin to hear him talk more. In the past when we were travelling in the car, he would conveniently ask for the handphone. Then he would be in a world of his own playing games. But thank God recently we became firm in getting him weaned off the phone and that effort paid off! When he wasn't playing the phone, he naturally talked more to us. I guess it was also because he is bigger now, so he understands more things. He also can relate to the topics we talked about. Sometimes he will contribute especially if we are talking about his cousin.

The other day during CG meeting, there was a five-year old girl who came to visit with her mum. Initially Joshua was quite shy and didn't interact much with the girl. But somewhere during the meeting, the three of them including Odelia started laughing as they played hide and seek. There was so much joy as we heard the children playing and laughing. Though it was a bit loud and distracting, my CGL said it was okay because this was the scene which occurred when Jesus was preaching in those days. In fact the CG observed that this was the first time the children were mingling happily. I was relieved that Joshua was no longer shy and reserved but stepped out to play with the girls. He had so much fun.

This was really a breakthrough for Joshua. As his mum, I really feel so happy when I see him coming out of his shell. I knew all along that this was how God made him. It was just waiting to come out. Nowadays I don't say that he is a shy or quiet boy, I say that he is talkative. And the more we say this, the better he gets. I thank God that Joshua is less self conscious and more confident of himself now. I also don't worry about him being too shy and quiet now.

God showed me that it was a restoration for the joy and peace the devil has stolen years ago. That time I worried about his speech development and for many years I worried about his shyness. Now Joshua is so different. He is such a great source of energy and he is infecting people around him with his cheerfulness. God showed me that the positive energy He deposited in me is infectious and has infected my son. This is really such a restoration, an answered prayer and an unexpected fruit coming out during my harvest time. Really thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment