Tuesday, July 14, 2015

DIVINE APPOINTMENTS

Today I wanted to share on the topic of divine appointments. From the beginning of the year, I have been impressed about how God is going to send people into our lives to help us achieve our divine destinies. And as I read TD Jakes' book and Musa Bako's book about destiny, I came across this topic which I believe will bless you.

One thing to remember is that other people play crucial roles in helping you achieve your destiny. There are people you will need to look out for and identify as part of your journey to destiny, those who are assigned to you by God as helpers of destiny. God has ordained people as your helpers, you must find them. The devil will want to separate you from your helpers. He wants you to think you can do it all on your own. But the truth is there are things you may never have until somebody gives them to you, places you may never go until somebody takes you there and things you may never know until somebody shows up, people relevant to your destiny you may never meet until somebody introduces them to you.

Some helpers may be people who have gone ahead of you on the same road, they have experienced and conquered the very things you might be struggling with right now. You can learn a lot from their experiences. There are people out there who are blessed, empowered by God to inspire you, encourage and get you through situations in life. It is your duty to find these people. There are people of like passions, people who have been tried and proven, people who have been thorough summer and winter and still standing with Him. God will bring them your way and when you find them, stick with them. Make them your close associates and be ready to learn from them. 

There are people you must learn from: you need a fatherly figure and a mentor - helpers. Some people push away their helpers and walk out on them. When they do, these people find life tougher than it needs to be. You may at times quarrel with people you care about but because he or she is a helper toward reaching your destiny, you must learn to make up and stick with them, otherwise you will ruin what you have together and may have to spend ten years on what you could achieve in one year.

On the other hand, God sends people in and out of your life to exercise your faith and develop your character. Some helpers are there for a season. When they are gone, they leave you with the enriched reality that your God is with you to deliver you wherever you go. Moses died and left Joshua in charge but God told him '...as I was with Moses, so I will be with you...' Joshua would never have learned that when Moses was there. You learn this kind of thing when 'Moses' is gone. Power is developed in the absence of human assistance. Then we can test the limits of our resourcefulness and the magnitude of the favour of God. 

I used to resist the idea of helpers coming into my life, not because I think I can do it all by myself but I have been disappointed time and again by these close acquaintances. Perhaps I was relying too much on my mentors instead of relying on God, which was no good. Or perhaps God was teaching me that my help comes from the mountain where He dwells. He doesn't want me to be too reliant on man because man can fail me but God cannot. He wants me to look to Jesus for help instead of trusting in human chariots. But that was in the past. Recently I felt that as I embark on what He has called me to do in the next season, I really needed help. I cannot do it alone. And God has promised that He is sending me help and resources to achieve what He has called me to do. I am still waiting on Him to show me the helpers. I trust that He will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment