Monday, October 26, 2015

MATRIX MOVIE

We watched this classic movie with Joshua early this year. Joshua liked it a lot and said it was amazing that back in 1999, they could produce such a futuristic movie. I had to agree. In fact, I gleaned nuggets of truth which spoke to me now. One of which was about Neo. Morphous somewhat believed that he was the Savior of Zion to the point of sacrificing his life for Neo though Neo himself was not convinced. Well, when Neo met the Oracle, she told him what he wanted to hear. Neo was a person who didn't believe in fate; he believed he could change his life. Hence even if the Oracle prophesied that he was the Savior, he probably wouldn't have accepted it because it was fate. 

The Oracle already foreknew this so she said what he wanted to hear at that point. The truth was that Neo really was different from the others. I think he was destined to be the next savior. But it didn't matter who believed strongly in him or who told him so. Unless he came to see this truth and believe that he was really the savior, no one else could change his mind about who he thought he was. The interesting thing was he could move as fast as the agents and that he didn't die after being shot a few times. No, he did die but was resurrected. After his resurrection, he became much faster and could even destroy the agents. This was really a breakthrough. 

Watching him fight the agents, Morphous commented to Trinity that Neo was beginning to believe he was really the Savior. Well, did Trinity know? Yes she did because the Oracle told her that the one she loved would be the savior and she loved Neo. Right from the start, I believe. So when Neo was shot in the Matrix, Trinity spoke to him. She told him she wasn't afraid because the savior cannot die. And she knew he was the savior because she loved him. Hence he couldn't die. He wasn't supposed to die. After that, the impossible happened, he was revived and became much more powerful. 

It was very interesting to notice a similarity between me and Neo. Not the savior part but the believing part. All these years when I was waiting for the promise, I lost track of the number of times God assured me that this promise was already given. In His mercy, He even showed me visions of me carrying my promise. He also sent messengers to tell me that the promise was on the way. Yet somehow I still couldn't visualize myself wiht the promise. It was like God was trying to convince me, other people were trying to convince me but I wasn't convinced. 

It really wasn't easy for me to come to this position of belief. My heart used to be so hard of believing. It started out soft and malleable but after months and years of disappointments, my trust in God was severely tested. I found myself in a place where I couldn't bring myself to believe my appointed time had come because I was too afraid to raise my hopes to have them dashed again. God took a long while to convince me that His promise is still coming to pass and that my due season, my appointed time has finally come. 

God started telling me about my due season in last Nov after I confirmed stepping down. This time I was convinced that my time had really come. I became the one telling many others that God is preparing me for a season of childbearing. Then God kind of like sealed His message about my due season with Pastor Joel's theme for the year. It was cast in stone, I was like thinking 'This is really it!' Proverbs 23:7 says 'As a man thinks, so is he.' Pastor Prince also said that it doesn't matter what others say of you but what you see and say about yourself. It must be your own revelation. Start seeing yourself the way God sees you. See yourself healthy, strong and prosperous next year. Let the vision of God be your vision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment