Wednesday, October 21, 2015

RAIN

Over the years, I have grown to love fruits and fruitfulness. Maybe because I have been though a rather long season of barrenness, a scenery of green trees and luscious fruits seemed very attractive to me. It is a beautiful scene. Perhaps the barrenness caused me to appreciate fruitfulness much more. I love harvest times. Although I am not a farmer, I don't plant crops living in the city, I am intrigued by the process of sowing and reaping. It is truly amazing how a small seed can yield a big tree with many fruits with yet much more seed. Such is the nature of God's laws of multiplication. Little becomes much, few becomes plentiful.

Any farmer would have known the importance of rain. If there is rain in the latter months, the crops would be well watered and be plentiful. Without the much needed nourishment of rain, the crops would probably die. I read that Cheshvan is usually the month of rain. At this, I am reminded of Zechariah 8:12 which the Lord gave me in Nov 2011. 'For the seed shall be prosperous; the vine shall give her fruit, and the ground shall give her increase, and the heavens shall give their rain.'

A sister recently brought this verse Haggai 2:19 to my attention. 'Is the seed yet in the barn? Yes, as yet the vine, and the fig tree, and the pomegranate, and the olive tree has not brought forth: from this day will I bless you.' When I read this, I instantly thought of Zechariah 8:12 and Leviticus 26:4 'then I will give you rain in its season, the land shall yield its provide and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit.'

Then I came across this article http://forerunnertv.com/blog/1417-cheshvan-revelation-rain. The writer said that the number 8 (Cheshvan is the eighth month of the Hebrew calendar) represents putting off the old, as in the “old man” and the “works of the flesh” – hence sanctify, manifest, reveal, die, death; and therefore, by implication: New Beginnings. Cheshvan is called the month of bool/bul. Bul in the Hebrew refers to heavy rain, increase, produce, fruit. It is also the month of new beginnings. I recall God saying in Jan about a new beginning from now on...could He be referring to a time as now?

The article also mentioned that the times we are in are “as the days of Noah.”  After the rain/flood, there was the New Thing. Rain is symbolic of God's Word ~ His Teachings ~ His Revelation as revealed through Jesus the Messiah. It is the spiritual, prophetic rain. The rain of the revelation of his Word is to bring life and fruitfulness to those who will come and receive. Those who will not receive will be left out.

Deuteronomy 32:1-2 'Give ear, O heavens, and I will speak; and hear, O earth, the words of my mouth. My doctrine (instruction, words, revelation) shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain upon the tender herb, and as the showers on the grass.'

Cheshvan is the second month of the civil year (which starts on 1 Tishrei) and the eighth month of the ecclesiastical year (which starts on 1 Nisan) on the Hebrew calendar. In Hebrew, Cheshvan is written with the four letters: חשון. The borders (the first and last letters) of Cheshvan are chet – ח and nun – ן, which together spell the word chen – חן, meaning “beauty.” Does this remind you of horaios, the word beautiful, right time, fruitful, ready to produce?

The revelation of His Word is what transforms us as we go from glory to glory. We will experience floods of revelation as we dive into the deeper things. The rainbow, the mark of transformation, comes after the rain! In the Greek, revelation is the word which means appearing, manifestation, revealed and it is from the word apokaloopto which means (to take off the cover, unveil).

Jesus taught in parables to teach the mysteries of the Kingdom. He wants us to search out and understand the mysteries of His Word, His Kingdom, and His Nature. This will bring us into intimacy and oneness with Him. Revelation is an understanding or unveiling of the scriptures. When you have revelation, it is like the bible comes alive to you!

All life depends on water. Water is symbolic of prophetic revelation. Spiritually, we need the washing of the water if we are to bear true, good and lasting fruit. The former and the latter rains come and cause the buds to grow into fruit. Recently I read in Journals of the Heart about revelation knowledge. God says 'today I open the eyes of your heart to see My Word in a different way. No longer will it be just something you read and hope will come to pass. I am releasing revelation.' It isn't a coincidence. God is releasing His rain, His revelation from heaven in this season. Open heavens. He who have ears let him hear what the Spirit has to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment