Thursday, October 29, 2015

WHAT GOD HAS BEEN DOING

Preacher John Gray said that the process of shaking was meant to hide you and protect you. God hid certain areas of your development so that you can see people clearly. When the process is complete, the hidden things will spring forth, it was there all the while, just waiting for the appointed time to be revealed.

When I heard this, I remembered the Lord telling me that my development seemed obscure but it was part of His plan. He had to keep me hidden and protected until the time was right to reveal me to the world. And He also said that the devil was trying to blind me to the fact that I had so much latent potential within me. There was so much power of the Holy Spirit within me and if I only knew how to use it, it would be a great blow to the devil. No wonder he kept attacking me and distracting me all this while! Now it was his turn to shake and tremble.

Many times I don't understand what God said to me and I don't understand why certain things happened that way though I prayed against it. Now I see the big picture. God is the One who was initiating the shift through trials. He was shaking those non-beneficial things out of my life. When I come out of these trials, this shaking, I will have a new song. Through this shaking, God is showing me who I really am. And how such trials are necessary because I wouldn't be the same person if I got to destiny easily.

But when the enemy attacked you and you survived, it just meant that you are going to make it to the end. You got to start praising God now. When the process is complete, the hidden things will spring forth. God is preparing a table before you in the presence of your enemies. A move is a surface thing. A shift is foundational like a change in scenery, not just your circumstances. Something has just shifted. This changes everything. Give a midnight praise to God!

Looking back, I realised that I journeyed through two seasons and seven years passed. I forgot the number of times I went back to God asking Him when will the final close be. Each time I thought I didn't have the strength to carry on and wanted to give up, God would strengthen me and I would get back on my feet again. I came to a point I really couldn't be sure whether this is it, that I have finally come to the finish line, that the process was finally complete.

I guess I was beginning to be convinced that I was really reaching the end of this journey when I encountered Psalm 46:10 on 18 Jan, exactly seven years after God first gave me this verse in 2008. What makes me so sure that this is it, that I have finally come full circle since I had come across this verse many times in the past few years? I think it was the date which it appeared. I didn't think it was a coincidence that it appeared exactly on the same day seven years ago. And I still didn't realise it, for it was the Holy Spirit who brought this date to my remembrance.

The other thing which could possibly point to the end of this journey was that God gave me specific instructions for my new season in last Feb. He never said anything like this to me for the past six years, not when I had been pressing Him for answers. Yet it was God who came to me and prepared me for the change in season in Feb 2014. And I know by experience that after God spoke the word, usually things would fall into place in a matter of months. But this time it took a bit longer. It's been a year since He gave the word. Not only that, I have also closed a season of field ministry.

Recently the Holy Spirit has been revealing to me the work which God has done in my life for the past seven years. It was different from what I expected. I thought it was a journey of waiting for a promise but it turned out to be a journey of mind renewal. It was a necessary shift, a needful shaking of certain things in my life. I saw how my mindset was changed and how the mind renewal process was now complete. I discovered how I got to let go of things in the past seasons and only those things that could not be shaken would follow me into my next season. What God has done in the past 7 years was really to prepare me for the next cycle of 7 years in my life.

And so, after the stages of shifting and shaking, I believe what's left of the process is the springing forth, the revealing of my destiny. The unfolding of His plans in my life, how God isn't going to hide them anymore. It was clear since early March that my season has shifted and there is a new beginning for me. Many new things are already happening in my life since then. I cannot deny that my season has begun shifting and but now I have solidly moved into a new season. The divine shift has been completed. Praise the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment